Alwarren

How is Respawn to work in Eden?

Okay, I don't know if I am retarded (not unlikely) or if there is a bug in Eden, but respawn for me doesn't seem to do what I tell it.

1) The "Mission Fail if Everyone is dead" checkbox doesn't seem to have ANY effect, and if I get back from testing into the editor it is set again in spite of me having unchecked it

2) I set respawn to "Side". According to the description that lets me respawn into a team member (works) or, if no team member is left, respawn in Spectator (does NOT work).

Do I need to have spectator slots in order for Spectator to work? Can I use description.ext like in the old times if I don't touch any of the multiplayer settings? This is either very confusing or buggy. I really wish the feedback tracker was back.

EDIT:

If I remove all respawn settings from the mission file and just put in a single line description.ext with

respawn = "side";

in it, it works as expected.

I've stopped fiddleing with the Eden respawn settings since they indeed do not work reliably at least when I tested it. Stick to the description.ext for now.

I've stopped fiddleing with the Eden respawn settings since they indeed do not work reliably at least when I tested it. Stick to the description.ext for now.

Looks like it indeed. I hope it gets fixed soon, really wish the FT was back.

"Mission Fail if Everyone is dead" has an effect, but the description is perhaps a bit confusing. When checked, it won't end the scenario immediately when all players are dead, but creates animated end screen effect.

The second mentioned point is indeed an an issue and I just fixed it, coming to the next dev build. It happened when respawn templates were configured (doesn't matter whether in Eden or in description.ext). They were used even when there were on more playable slots available, instead of spectator camera.

In any case, there's no such thing as "Eden respawn settings". If there's an issue there, the same issue will happen with description.ext.

"Mission Fail if Everyone is dead" has an effect, but the description is perhaps a bit confusing. When checked, it won't end the scenario immediately when all players are dead, but creates animated end screen effect.

Ah, alright, so I misinterpreted the setting. I was trying to find out what was up with the respawn templates, and therefore wanted to "extend" the mission into spectator mode because I didn't want to bug someone to connect to my server all the time

The second mentioned point is indeed an an issue and I just fixed it, coming to the next dev build. It happened when respawn templates were configured (doesn't matter whether in Eden or in description.ext). They were used even when there were on more playable slots available, instead of spectator camera.

Ah, thanks, so this was indeed a bug. Good thing I wasn't retarded after all :)

In any case, there's no such thing as "Eden respawn settings". If there's an issue there, the same issue will happen with description.ext.

Guess my description was also a bit confusing :) What I meant was the respawn configured in the Eden dialog. I've never used Respawn templates in description.ext, all I did there was a respawn="side", which had the desired effect.