Sign in to follow this  
kvntvan

Disable respawn when enemies nearby

I'm almost sure a question like this has been answered before, and I can usually troubleshoot my own issues by googling or looking up key terms here but I haven't been able to answer a question about being able to disable respawns when an enemy is nearby.

I have a TVT mission where Opfor can spawn at multiple positions all over the map and Blufor can only spawn off an airfield, so I placed several Respawn modules and I was wondering if there was a way to disable respawn modules temporarily when Blufor is within maybe, 100m of an Opfor Respawn module. I don't want it to be a capturable spawn, I just want it to be switched off when Blufor are nearby so Opfor can't repeatedly spawn nearby objectives. 

Also while I have a trouble shooting thread up does anyone know of a way to lock Blufor out of Opfor ammo crates? I've been looking into using 

addMPEventHandler "containeropened" or addMPEventHandler "inventoryopened"

with a teleport script but I'm not exactly sure how to pull it off because I don't often use eventhandlers. 

Sync the respawn point to a trigger with condition BLUFOR NOT PRESENT.

So just to be sure (can't test it at the moment) , the size of the trigger is the size of the area that will deactivate the trigger? And I can place the trigger anywhere and as long as its sync'd the trigger will be centered on the spawn points?

Sync the respawn point to a trigger with condition BLUFOR NOT PRESENT.

Place the trigger right next to the spawn point and give it a size and shape you want.