dai-san

Custom Sound and Text issue

Hi,

I have an issue with Custom Sound and Trigger Text not playing for other players in a MP mission.

I have a working mission I did in the 2D editor ages ago and apart from the TskHints outdated popup it still works fine, all other players can see the Trigger Text and Hear the Triggered custom sounds and the custom ambient battle sounds.

When I imported this into the 3D editor I removed TskHints and learnt the new method after much trial and error did loads of changes and tweaks, used a new garrison script and random spawn script, ALL works fine when previewed in SP or when I export and host.

EXCEPT

No one apart from me can hear any Triggered Custom sounds, or the Custom ambient battle sound, or see any Triggered Text.

They are including in the .pbo and I have tried every way I can think of of forcing the sounds. I have included them in EVERY Class of sound (Sounds, Env, Music,Sfx etc) so they are selectable in the EFFECTS menu but no matter which Class I select from only I can hear them. I have done this in several ways, by .cpp and even putting them directly in the description instead of a .cpp, I have even tried calling them in the trigger using the playsound, playmusic options in the on activation sound, no joy.

The Text is the same, I am having to use a text command in the on activation field of the trigger as they so kindly removed the text field from the effects drop down.

I have exported it multiple times to Multiplayer with the same result yet if I delete it from the mpmissions folder and export the 2D editor version everyone can hear the sounds and see the text but I don't want to have to redo all the changes I did in the 3D editor again in the 2D.

Anyone any ideas cos this is driving me nuts,

Cheers in advance.

Triggers sometimes don't execute for all players in a mp environment, this issue is fixed on dev branch and will hopefully find its way to stable soon.

Triggers sometimes don't execute for all players in a mp environment, this issue is fixed on dev branch and will hopefully find its way to stable soon.

So this issue is specific to missions done in the 3D editor only?

Dai-San - Unrelated to your specific issue with triggers not working as intended within the Eden editor, I too am having substantial issues with functions and calls that worked perfectly in the past. Certain module settings for instance do no work in the 3D editor and I am forced to use a text editor and manually override settings in the mission.sql.  Very frustrating and so far, the 3D editor not worth the item placement gains it grants.

Yes, i did some tests. Trigger are still global but have only local effects (tested on a server). It's a very big problem. Obviously we can script and find a solution, but it need very more work. :(