Sign in to follow this  
joltan

Rpt-file

Last time I had a rpt file generated after a problem with OFP was in 1.46. Do we have to activate the protocol with a command line parameter? OFP 1.75+ crashed sometimes, but I never found the report file - the context.bin yes, but no report!?

I had seen that earlier, but never worried about that until a week ago, as I have occasional crashes in OFP now (especially after alt-tabbing out, as I do frequently when waiting in the mp lobby or editing missions) and I think they might be caused by my new graphics card or some problem in the 1.8x beta (in one case I can reproduce the crash every time by executing an artillery script... so maybe OFP might be the cause). Without the rpt file its hard to find out why OFP crashes though...

Yeah I would like to know that too.. since I have kinda big problem with Resistance too at the moment confused.gif

Flashpoint.rpt should be created even in 1.75 and newer. I have no idea why it is not created for you.

However, most usefull crash information is stored in context.bin anyway. If you will send it to support@bistudio.com as mentioned maybe hundred times in the forum, we may tell you more why it crashes. wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Oct. 23 2002,21:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">However, most usefull crash information is stored in context.bin anyway. If you will send it to support@bistudio.com as mentioned maybe hundred times in the forum, we may tell you more why it crashes.  wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Will do! smile.gif

Just wondered about the rpt file. Wanted to send you both files if possible...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Oct. 23 2002,21:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">However, most usefull crash information is stored in context.bin anyway. If you will send it to support@bistudio.com as mentioned maybe hundred times in the forum, we may tell you more why it crashes.  wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I was having a CTD problem and sent all the required information very early Monday morning (just after midnight PST).  Exactly how long is the typical response time?  If I were still experiencing the problem at this point the lack of a response would be a concern.  Thanks.  wink.gif

Dadster