musicshaggy

Importing objects from Eden

Hi fellows! 

I have problem with import objects from Eden to TB. After import they're about 20m above ground, so I have to edit all of them manually because have other center point (i think so) and i can't just mark them all and set the altitude.

Anyone noticed this problem? 

Ps. Setting relative positioning in import options doesn't help.

Regards, 

Shaggy

Bump

Anyone have idea how to fix this? Making Towns and etc. is extremaly uncomfortable in bulldozer  :wacko:

Bump

Anyone have idea how to fix this? Making Towns and etc. is extremaly uncomfortable in bulldozer  :wacko:

use x-cam http://www.x-cam-editor.de/

It's what most terrain builders are using.

I noticed that X-Cam have the same problem while i place lamps or something. So I maybe habe something wrong with my terrain?

I noticed that X-Cam have the same problem while i place lamps or something. So I maybe habe something wrong with my terrain?

when you export from x-cam set it to false, then in terrain builder import the file, don't drag it into TB. When you import it, set the height to absolute.

Meh, same problem.

X-Cam with absolute position placed lamps, fences and some other objects under ground.

Maybe i have something wrong in terrain options in TB or terrain.cfg?

What a coincidence this is, I've been trying to fix this same issue today.

I've tried everything out there. XCam export to TB (with relative/absolute height), XCam export to mission file-> save in 2D editor with one unit-> import into Eden -> export to TB -> use in TB with different heights and nothing worked.

(I had to do that long process above because XCam mission files can't directly be used in Eden)

Is there any other advice than "switch between relative/absolute height in TB/XCam", is what I've been trying to find out by googling all around; and my conclusion is so far: no.

• Like 1

They mean Development edition for Arma not for X-Cam?  :ph34r:

For arma tools.

Ok I got it. But becareful, after updating Arma Tools TB gonna move somewhere above terrain your objects placed before patch from X-Cam and etc.