Sign in to follow this  
tpw

AI suppression not working with waypoints

Hi all

As someone with a long time interest in AI suppression (who worked on a few mods to introduce it) I was very pleased to see it incorporated at engine level a while back: shoot at an enemy AI and he'll crouch or hit the deck as the bullets crack past him. I took a bit of a holiday from Arma and came back to notice that this feature no longer seems to work properly. AI with any kind of waypoints set for them seem to totally ignore passing projectiles. Stationary AI hit the dirt in response to passing bullets as expected.

Have I overlooked something here? This change basically renders the suppression useless.

Any other input appreciated.

Interesting observation, will test when back home.

/KC

What WP type are you using twp? I tested with MOVE normal/limited speed and the AI group was suppressed just like a AI group without any WP.

Assume you tested with A3 vanilla?

/KC

What WP type are you using twp? I tested with MOVE normal/limited speed and the AI group was suppressed just like a AI group without any WP.

Assume you tested with A3 vanilla?

/KC

Yeah mate, tested with the latest dev build and various MOVE waypoints. Who knows, m,ight just be a vagary of my setup. I just wrote a little script to force AI to duck/crawl when suppressed and all is good again.