belltr

Eden Editor Switch Trigger Missing

As The Title says has the switch trigger been removed or changed some how because I can not find it in the types of triggers.

Switch triggers where used for waypoints right? I believe you can now simply sync a trigger to a waypoint and it will automatically be a switch trigger.

Switch triggers where used for waypoints right? I believe you can now simply sync a trigger to a waypoint and it will automatically be a switch trigger.

they where I will try  what you have suggested

It appears that Switch triggers have been renamed to "Skip waypoint" triggers. Same functionality as before.

Just out of curiosity,  on Altis Life Switch triggers were used for a slightly different purpose. eg to trigger Add actions in the condition,  or execute a sqf  etc... when importing all the triggers defaulted to "Skip waypoint" and none of the triggers appear to work now...

Any advise on a work around for this?  have tried "none" with the same results.

As far as I know, literally the only difference between the "Switch" and "None" trigger types is the waypoint skipping property. Everything else works exactly the same between the two types. It has always been this way; now, the name is just less ambiguous. Triggers should still execute whatever is in the activation field when fired, so I am assuming the problem you are experiencing is unrelated. 

"Skip waypoint" is what "Switch used to be". It's just renamed to make it clearer, technical implementation remains the same (i.e., triggerType will still remain "SWITCH").

• Thanks 1

Puzzled as to which waypoint to apply the “skip waypoint” to. For example if I send a heli out on a search and destroy mission then want it to divert and pick up a squad,  Do I set the trigger to the search and destroy waypoint or the land one?