Sign in to follow this  
A.W.O.L

Modifying official models

Hi, does anyone know how do open official files. When I try and open the p3d files I have found in the data 3d folder in oxygen, nothing opens.

If I try and open a modified official file, such as the AK47 in the East weapon pack, it doesnt open either. Do u need a special tool to open these p3d files - are they different?

Copyrights and shit man .... BIS cant have ppl runnin around copyin there shit....ya know....

Kevin

What ever happened to the hoo-hah over at Natosoldier.com that they'd found a way to modify official models?

Was it all hooey, or is it still in the works?

no what I mean is - people that make stuff like that Humvee with weapons such as tow and M60 - are u telling me that they made those Humvee models from scratch?

Cause i always thought that models like that were made when people used the origional model and totraly changed it, using only basics.

Or those retextured UH60s - there are tonnes of those - when peopel make a diffreent textured model like that have they built them from scratch or have the used the basis of an official model?

You can use the models of the demo, of course. There are BMP, T72, M113, soldiers, UH-60, buildings, streetlamps, several weapons...

Study them or use their meshes... wink.gif

You have to use files from the early demo 0.36 you can get a basic set at Vixer's site after u get them use xPack to decode them after that u can use them.

The Humwvee's were made from scratch and Im sorry but they did look kinda bad tounge.gif

Can i have a link to this site please

Thanks, thats waht I meant - oh yeah and the hummers with weap0on on looked good I thought - did u make them?