autigergrad

AUTigerGrad's Regional Ambient Sounds Pack

49 minutes ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

Oh man how have I not seen this until now?

This looks brilliant and I will definitely look to include this in my missions.

i also love if it would be possible to create some smaller samples where it might be two sentries talking to each other or something similar as mentioned previously in this thread. The kind where you can include in stealth missions and have to bypass them.

Anyway top notch work mate this has me excited to get back to finishing my duala scenario.

Stay tuned.  I've been working on this for a while.  Have several more samples I need to integrate into all of my packs but I have plans for "stealth" sounds 

• Like 2

well done, nice collection. i heard very nice ambient sound explosions in one of the videos, is that another thing you made?

i never have done a mod myself, so im curious: is it possible to pack this into a mod, have it run on clients(+server?) and then just call the sounds in the missions? so people dont have to download them in every mission file?

56 minutes ago, Johnny Drama said:

well done, nice collection. i heard very nice ambient sound explosions in one of the videos, is that another thing you made?

i never have done a mod myself, so im curious: is it possible to pack this into a mod, have it run on clients(+server?) and then just call the sounds in the missions? so people dont have to download them in every mission file?

That's actually how it works.  The clients don't need the sounds, they're put directly into mission folder 

31 minutes ago, autigergrad said:

That's actually how it works.  The clients don't need the sounds, they're put directly into mission folder 

i think you misunderstand me. i would like to use soundfiles in a seperate mod for our server, so i do not have to pack the sound files in every missionfile, like one usually does. but nvm, ill dig into it and see what i can find out

I made a vid demonstrating some stuff I was working on regarding disabled physics, and included your sounds in the city, and thought you might like to see examples on how other people implement your stuff. Youtube Video

Also, I noticed the other day that the scale of different maps in extremely different, and unless  I'm crazy that affects all distances. It's kinda hard to explain but in some maps light travel really far, and in others it barely lits up the area around it. Same seems to go for sound. To get the crowd sounds working a bit better in the Targistan map I had to crank up the ranges a bit. No big thing, and hard to fix via script, but good for mission makers to know.

Edit: Like the noob I am I completely misunderstood that you needed to publish the video Before it goes live. Well, now it works.

• Like 1

... actually.. . the sounds won't play. Hmm have installed correctly.

When I view the sound in the Trigger Init. I select play to preview and nothing. Other sounds work... god damnnit

EDIT:

Tried different profile, new map without mods.... still won't work. I wonder why?