glocks999

This game is too hard :(

I started to play Arma series since OFP. I'd say OFP was even more beginner unfriendly than Arma because usually one shot was enough to kill you. But once you get used to it and learn to be a little bit more careful and patient before you poke your head out, this game has much fun stored. BTW, hitting the dirt when shooting  or being shot at helps a lot!

Thanks for detailed report, I checked and optics *makes* a difference. Put two riflemen, 500m from you, kill one, observe the other. Do the same with two squad leaders, note the difference.

I believe higher ranked soldiers have better spotting skills.

A fairer test would be the same two riflemen but with optics

To the OP...

When I started playing Arma I felt the same way. Coming from the console environment, the mouse and keyboard took some getting used to. Still not great with them. Add a game like Arma to that mix, and it felt very tough. I've gotten better, but far from a great Arma player.

To piggy back on what others have said. Practice is essential. Practice on the range, and try to master all the different character movements that are available. And as others have said, use cover, it will be your saving grace. The AI is probably too accurate, but it's a healthy challenge. The very first mission is what gave me problems in the beginning. But looking back, it was just the combat that derailed me every time. Once I got better with the controls, it helped me tremendously.

Hang in there, you will improve. Arma is a great game. And it will give you some very tense, heart rate increasing moments.

Agree with the above and I think another key thing is to find a coop group either big or small that you can join and hopefully they are the type of group that likes guiding new folks. It really changes the game

Well I have 1600hrs in Arma and I still play on novice....

i got 2800+ hrs, and so do i lol

• Like 1