dogfactory

need to update fully an old Italian installation

I have installed and played TOH over 3 years ago, which I purchased from the Italian FX-Interactive.

Back then, I had to stop playing because there was a bug that prevented me to carry on in a mission.

Now I wish to play the game again but the automatic update fails.

As mentioned in http://helicopters.takeonthegame.com/game-updates/, I cannot download the patch because this is an Italian version.

What should I do in order to play a fully updated game, fixed of every bug?

Reinstall from scratch using my DVD?

Reintall using Steam download?

....or what?

I have installed and played TOH over 3 years ago, which I purchased from the Italian FX-Interactive.

Back then, I had to stop playing because there was a bug that prevented me to carry on in a mission.

As mentioned in http://helicopters.takeonthegame.com/game-updates/, I cannot download the patch because this is an Italian version.

....or what?

If you use steam it will auto install updates-give it a try :)

I remember Steam used to offer the free game to those who purchased it. Now it only offers paid versions.

Or do you mean that I just need to install Steam and it will recognize my local installation and update it?

....or what?

Which version are you using? I found an old TOH DVD purchased years ago and I just installed TOH on my Win8 system... and at its first run it automatically downloaded updates.

Both Windows and TOH are in Italian.

Now version is 1.06.97057

Thank you for your feedback. The problem is now solved and I also have version 1.06.97057. I tried steam but then I preferred to stay with my local installation which wasn't updating because I needed to disable my Antivirus software. (this solution was suggested by the Italian FX-Interactive distributor's help).

I have no idea if that old bug is solved because I'm restarting the game from beginning... as I had completely forgot how to fly an helicopter!  :D