Sign in to follow this  
jcae2798

Mods disappearing during branch change...

Has anyone noticed mods gone missing between branch switches?  It seems some mods get deleted and then have to be redownloaded during these changes (happens automatically).  I haven't pinned down exactly how or why, but i've noticed mod folders completely disappear from the ARMA root folder (not just in the launcher...)

If anyone has any insight, i'd appreciate it and maybe a way to stop this from happening...

Thanks all.

Does the disappear happen when you change the branch in Steam and start to dowload Arma 3 files or does it happen when you launch the launcher?

Try setting up a common mod folder for both launchers, maybe even out of the Arma 3 root and see if it helps. Hopefully both branches remember the settings when you switch back and forth.

I recommend using Game Updater to make and update a separate Dev Branch Arma 3 if you've enough free space. Then naturally make the dev branch read the mods where the main branch also reads them. You need to launch the launcher from the dev branch folder to launch the dev branch. Read more of it here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Game_Updater

Hopefully your problem isn't so bad that you need to unsubscribe every Arma 3 workshop mod and delete some folders manually. There could be some corruption issue. Been there, done that.

Hey, thanks for the reply.  I noticed this i think twice in the recent past (last 2 months).  I switched again last night and did not notice it.  The thing is i didnt pay close enough attention to find out what caused it, if it was the launcher or steam download between branch changes.  How i noticed it is i use ARMASYNC and it was missing my mods.  When i checked the root ARMA folder i noticed the mods where missing but being re-downloaded by STEAM again.

I'm going to keep a closer eye going forward to see if i can find a trend.  Was just wondering if others were experiencing the same.  Maybe not...

ANyways thanks again and Happy new Year!