Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

Can the BIS in game site modules be called by a trigger and not be present at mission strat?

Can the site modules base, firebase ect be called using a trigger. I want to use multiple site modules throughout the entire map but do not want them to be present at Mission start only when the blufor units get within a set distance. I know how to do this with other scripts but can the site modules be set up this way or do they always have to be present and mission start.

if I recall correctly, they have a condition field. Just add: triggerActivated TriggerName

Where TriggerName is the name of the trigger that triggers the site.

TY I will try when I get home hopefully it works. It would be a shame if the site modules could not work on a trigger.

Still need a little help or redirection on this.

Site Modules type fireball

inside the module has both of this.

condition of presence field set to: true (default)

condition field set to: true (default)

If I set condition field to false the firebase will not show up.

If I want to set the condition field true using a trigger this is where I am having

an issue. if I name the firebase fireball_1 what code do I put into the trigger

on act. to set the fireball true to show up on the map.

act

In the condition field change 'true' into 'triggerActivated activateSite'

Create a trigger and name it activateSite

Give the trigger the params you need to activate the site.

@ whiztler thank you that did the trick. The information on sometimes is a little unclear or just hard to find at times but that is what makes playing with the editor so much fun :wacko: or a waste of time according to my wife :D

Also for anyone else who wants to use the site Modules throughout the entire map but if you don't want all the sites on the map at game start or if you don't want a single lone wolf activating multiple AO  at once and causing lag in the game just put this in the trigger condition {alive _x && {side _x == west}} count thisList >= 9  or what ever number you feel is adequate for your mission design. I allow for radar sites to be activated by 1 or 2 units for players in planes or choppers but I will but AA units in that AO for sure lol.