Neviothr

Isola Di Capraia Crash

Basically, every time the port area (https://i.imgur.com/phttb5P.jpg) in Isola Di Capraia (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12961) comes within render distance, the game crashes.

It seems as if the dock is missing a part, in this area: https://i.imgur.com/wMBnuv7.jpg

I've tried EvroMalarkey's ASCZ A2 Map Fixes, but the issue still occurs. Anybody know a fix for this?

Thanks.

Haven't tried that map in about a year... it certainly did not have this issue back then.  Are you also running AiA at the same time?

Haven't tried that map in about a year... it certainly did not have this issue back then.  Are you also running AiA at the same time?

Yes.

Might be an AiA problem... have you tried using CUP_Terrains?  Other than that I don't know what the issue could be....

• Like 1

Might be an AiA problem... have you tried using CUP_Terrains?  Other than that I don't know what the issue could be....

See below \/

Alright, update:

Used @CUP_Terrains, port area crash no longer happens. But, I got an error with "chernarus" in it, launched with @CUP_Chernarus and error didn't occur again.

Although, I got an error with "Zargabad" in it, so, again, I launched it with @CUP_Zargabad and the error didn't occur again.

But, I did get another error "ca\weapons\data\ammobedna_co.ppa", fixed it by launching with @CBA.

And guess what? I got yet another error saying "ca\misc_e\map_for_briefing.p3d", linked it back to something that had to do with @X-Cam for Arma 2 (http://wiki.gruppe-adler.de/index.php?title=CfgVehicle/xcam_Map_for_briefing), tried to launch it with @X-Cam (A3), didn't work, error still occurs. I have to mention that the said error has very little documentation, as in, 7 results on Google. Anyway, I got no idea how to fix it.

(Btw, if it's an help, I'm diagnosing errors by flying a jet around the island. It works .-.)

Edited by mal7house

lol what a mess!!  Some dependency issues there it might be best to post in the CUP thread with this problem.

• Like 1

lol what a mess!!  Some dependency issues there it might be best to post in the CUP thread with this problem.

Alright, I'll do that.

Seems like we're in the right (?) direction to fixing it, though. So thanks for suggesting @CUP_Terrains! 

Its my understanding that all CUP terrains require one another (despite claiming to be modular), so running them all will (hopefully) fix some of the error message pop-ups you're getting.

Its my understanding that all CUP terrains require one another (despite claiming to be modular), so running them all will (hopefully) fix some of the error message pop-ups you're getting.

Tried launching all of @CUP_Terrains together with @CBA and @Isola_Di_Capraia, still getting  "ca\misc_e\map_for_briefing.p3d".

Also, I tired to find that object in X-Cam (A3), here are results:

*Searched for 'map_for_briefing' within 'display name', 'class name' and 'model name', and got:

- xcam_Map_for_briefing_ep1 (Which is a Zagabad attack plan from what seems like A2).

- xcam_Map_for_briefing (Which is just unusable/implacable with X-Cam).

- CUP_A2_map_for_briefing (Which is also unusable/implacable with X-Cam).

- Map_for_briefing_EP1 (Which is another Zargabad attack plan from A2).

I believe the problem is with CUP_A2_map_for_briefing, which makes sense, because @Isola_Di_Capraia was made for A2 originally, and also would explain why it's unusable/implacable with @X-Cam, and why it doesn't load while playing.

UPDATE:

@TheConen on @CUP_Terrains post, said that the missing object is not present in the RC version of @CUP_Terrains, but will be present in the full release.

Thank you all for your help again! :D

• Like 1