Sign in to follow this  
Kryptongame

Does Team/Class based damage differ?

Hey guys, I'm just wondering if anyone knows, or how I can test, if Blufor and OPfor get more overall health than Civillian in the stable build. Dev branch says it is redoing class based damage, and blufor and OPfor and civillian are all Considered classses. Does anyone know if I shoot an unarmored opfor, and unarmored blufor, and an unarmored civillian in stable build, will blufor or OPfor have more health total than civillian?

Clothing offers a small amount of "armour", and different uniforms/clothing offer differing amounts. OPFOR clothing (i.e. their base uniform) offers more protection than the BLUFOR uniforms, and they in turn offer more protection than civvie clothing. Though its all a marginal difference and probably wouldn't make much difference if shot by anything more powerful than a 9mm. 

Clothing offers a small amount of "armour", and different uniforms/clothing offer differing amounts. OPFOR clothing (i.e. their base uniform) offers more protection than the BLUFOR uniforms, and they in turn offer more protection than civvie clothing. Though its all a marginal difference and probably wouldn't make much difference if shot by anything more powerful than a 9mm.

I'm talking about the unit thrmselves, considering they wereally all naked without armor

In simple terms a unit stripped to his undies will have a 100hp. Saying that, a soldier with a plate carrier will have 100hp as well. The only difference is the resistance to damage. If you strip a Opfor, Bluefor, and Civilian unit naked their will be no difference in hp. 

In simple terms a unit stripped to his undies will have a 100hp. Saying that, a soldier with a plate carrier will have 100hp as well. The only difference is the resistance to damage. If you strip a Opfor, Bluefor, and Civilian unit naked their will be no difference in hp.

So do blufor have more resistance to damage then Civillian? Meaning, might a 9mm to torso do 50 damage to civillian while only doing 42 damage to blufor? (Assuming both are naked)

So do blufor have more resistance to damage then Civillian? Meaning, might a 9mm to torso do 50 damage to civillian while only doing 42 damage to blufor? (Assuming both are naked)

If you strip a Opfor, Bluefor, and Civilian unit naked their will be no difference in hp. 

So, no.

So, no.

He just said while they have 100 hp, they suffer different amounts of damage, no? He didn't clarify if the armor or the class type was what he was referring to reducing damage. If you wear a vest, that shouldn't protect getting shot in head also.

He just said while they have 100 hp, they suffer different amounts of damage, no?

No, he didn't say that at all - read it again. He said wearing a VEST makes their damage resistance different (when compared to a unit not wearing a vest). Wearing nothing, all units (regardless of faction/side/allegiance) are THE EXACT SAME.