zagor64bz

Help with WIP mission: extraction script work only if Player is looking at spawn point

Hi all, first of all, sorry for my English, hope you guys can keep up on what I'm saying.

I'm working on this mission, where you have to capture an HVT that randomly spawn on the map. Everything work good, but I'm using a script by COBRA, which I thank, (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/164617-extraction-example/ ) .The weird thing is that if I'm not in view of the base, the extraction chopper spawn but does not move from the base. If I teleport to the base, or in sight of it, the chopper will eventually move to destination.

I try to set up the extraction on a empty Taki map, and it work like a charm. Anyone has a clue?Maybe a conflict with other scripts?

Thank you all!

Your best bet is to test the script using just vanilla BIS units (ie: no mods) to see if you can reproduce the problem.  If not you know it's a mod conflict somewhere you can reduce your mod list to determine which one is causing it (unless that's what you mean by 'empty' version on Takistan?)

That being said Arma chopper AI can be... frustrating at the best of times.  So the chopper starts it's engines, takes off, then stays hovering over the base instead of moving out to the extraction location?

Thank you Savage!

The empty version has no mod dependencies.. as far I'm aware of. I don't think is a mod issue. I'm using EOS and COS scripts to populate the map, plus ADAM mission framework, KARMA roadblock script, JSHK redress script, AUMD combatcheck (for undercover action) PSX satcom script.

Maybe too many? I will have use ALiVE which I'm sure will have made my life easier, if I only know how to save progress. After all, this is part of a mini campaign that I'm making for Single and COOP.....

Probably a script conflict somewhere - see if you can reproduce the problem with just the extraction script and a vanilla (no mods) test mission.  If that works you'll have to eliminate things one at a time to see where the issue lies.

As far as ALiVE goes you can save in SP using the Arma save function - with the caveat that this is not supported and may crash your game if trying to save larger missions.  For MP missions you need a dedicated server (even one running on the same machine as your client) and an account on the War Room (instructions on how to setup are there).

http://www.alivemod.com/#ALiVEWarRoom

Probably a script conflict somewhere - see if you can reproduce the problem with just the extraction script and a vanilla (no mods) test mission.  If that works you'll have to eliminate things one at a time to see where the issue lies.

As far as ALiVE goes you can save in SP using the Arma save function - with the caveat that this is not supported and may crash your game if trying to save larger missions.  For MP missions you need a dedicated server (even one running on the same machine as your client) and an account on the War Room (instructions on how to setup are there).

http://www.alivemod.com/#ALiVEWarRoom

Thank you.

I did set up an account in the war room, I'll set up a dedi server to try to save progress. ;)

So the chopper starts it's engines, takes off, then stays hovering over the base instead of moving out to the extraction location?

Exactly!

SOLVED!!!!

It was a matter of cashing distance in the ADAM framework. Disabling it fixed.

• Like 1