freexavier

Camera Scenes to play for a single person in Mutiplayer. Created using Camera.sqs

Question:

Is there a way to make a camera scene to be played by a, and for, single person instead of being played to the entire server?

I've seen it been done in a Wasteland server I played a long long time ago.

Bellow is a sample of the one I been making. File name is called "CameraScenes.sqf" and I execute it with "player exec '"CameraScenes.sqf""

_camera = "camera" camcreate [0,0,0]
_camera cameraeffect ["internal", "back"]

showcinemaborder false;
titleCut ["", "BLACK IN", .5]

/// Camera Overview of Statis Airfield
_camera camPrepareTarget [-88127.96,-36884.48,8.15];
_camera camPreparePos [2385.62,5627.74,1.42];
_camera camPrepareFOV 0.700;
_camera camCommitPrepared 10
~10

titleCut ["", "BLACK OUT", .5]
~2

player cameraEffect ["terminate","back"]
camDestroy _camera
titleCut ["", "BLACK IN", 5]

You need to execute it on the client which should see it.

You need to execute it on the client which should see it.

And how do I do that? I'm not a pro in script in Arma. Also I'm planning on making it play when a player enters a server at anytime, but doesn't show on respwan. Also I'll be making it when someone uses an addaction

AddAction:

_unit addAction ["Start Intro","CameraScenes.sqf"];

This will automatically be local since the script only executes for the caller of the action.

If you want to execute the script when a player joins the game put the following into the initPlayerLocal.sqf which you should created inside your mission folder.

execVM "cameraScenes.sqf"

In theorie this should work.

AddAction:

_unit addAction ["Start Intro","CameraScenes.sqf"];

This will automatically be local since the script only executes for the caller of the action.

If you want to execute the script when a player joins the game put the following into the initPlayerLocal.sqf which you should created inside your mission folder.

execVM "cameraScenes.sqf"

In theorie this should work.

The initPlayerLocal.sqf is working perfectly. Only problem with it was that I had to use as follows, bellow to make it work.

player exec "CameraScenes.sqf"

Also the addaction doesn't seem to work. Maybe because it uses execVM? Since player exec "CameraScenes.sqf" wouldn't work if I made it into player execVM "CameraScenes.sqf" instead.

Also what is the difference between using exec and execVM? I tired using as follows: player execVM "camera.sqs" and it hanged Arma 3.