atmo

SectorModule - EnableSimulation

Hi,

I have been playing with the SectorModule and have can create sector etc which I can script to shut down when captured and not connected to other sectors (Checked owner and connected owners via a script). Has anyone found out a way to re-enable a sector when it I want it to be? I have tried " _sector enableSimulation true;" but this doesn't seem to work.

Has anyone got any quick ideas?

Atmo

If you disable a sector or set it as finalized then the script monitoring the sector finishes. About the only way i can think of to try is setting the sectors trigger size to 0,0. This will just leave you to handle the triggers markers if you want to signify they are locked down by changing their alpha.

HI Larrow, I'm glad you are the one answering after reading all the other threads on the sector module.....

Nice idea of reducing the trigger area to 0,0. I will try this. However, just for fun in the mission I am working on I also have a sector tactic module and a Spawn AI module running in the mission and I am wondering if the AI will still try and capture this sector when size 0,0.... I presume they will, I haven't tested yet.. I notice they do try and capture disabled sectors already...

It is a seems a shame this sector module thing doesn't seem to be quite there yet. Thank you very much for your quick reply and getting me thinking outside the box. (Hmmm, can you just create a new sector (same place/size) when you want it re-enabled.... <starts arma>... will report back.)

I am thinking I will just script what I want in the end anyway, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Atmo