Sign in to follow this  
SilentEcho

Who can use the radio

who can use the radio for backup and all the othe stuff because som times i can do it usually when i am by my self or the lead of a lil group but when the officer is ai i cant y is it because of rank if so, is the officer the only one that can use it when he is still alive, or can others use it?

I would be guessing that it is because of rank, as you are part of a group, and a group is one object, and the leader does all the stuff for that object.

As a guess, who ever has the higher rank uses it.

If the player is the leader, he will have the radio commands in the command menu or the map screen.

If the player is not the leader of the group, the radio will only be available in the map screen. Just double click on it to make it bigger.

If you mean is it possible through scripting, I doubt it. I would guess that this is one of the things bis hardcoded.

Or were you just asking his next question.

Yup damage, just confirmed it.

I made a group, made the player member of group. Gave the group two WP. Synced the 1st WP to radio alpha.

The officer said move to first WP then stopped. Opened up the map screen, used the radio, then the officer said move to next WP.

Well that's not really realistic...but you can always remove the radio with the description.ext file.

Yeah, just use this command

ShowRadio False

(Edited by Intruder at 11:26 am on Dec. 23, 2001)

Well, maybe we should be trying to help this guy out, obviously doesn't work for him, maybe.

The showradio command won't work when you preview it in the editor, but will work when exported.

Shouldn't it work in the init.sqs file damage?

PS: damage, when ever we answer a post, we get it up to 15+ posts in no time :biggrin:

(Edited by Intruder at 11:41 am on Dec. 23, 2001)

I don't think so, but it's worth a try

PS: That's true, and I'm only one post away from Maniac :biggrin:

Nope, it doesn't work in the init.sqs, but this works in the init.sqs

enableradio false

But it just gets rid of the radio sounds, not the commands.

That command is used to stop units from using the radio for any kind of commands, not just the Radio Alpha/Bravo etc. commands.

Hehe it didn't take you verry long did it smile.gif

RED

Thx everyone especialy intruder because thats wat was i was tyrying to figure out because i want to be a law soldier and still hav the radio thx everyone i greatyly appreaceate everyones help