firefall70

Analogue throttle only using half its range

I use the Saitek x52Pro and I want to fly jets.

when I put my throttle from 0% to 1-50% the engine starts but the plane dont move. when I go over 50% the speed of the jet rise extreme fast so its very dificult to taxi. So I only can use the upper 50% of my trottle.

I bound both axis (z- and z+) to analog throttle. Problem still exists... any solution?

I found this Workaround to fix the Problem and it work perfectly but there is a Problem: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/104325-a-fix-for-full-axis-throttle-mapping/

ppjoy hasnt windows signt drivers so with the new battleye update the script cant be used in multiplayer, because you need windows testing mode to use unsigned drivers.

another virtual joystick driver calld vjoy (link: http://sourceforge.n...e=typ_redirect)has a signt driver and work with the manipulater "freepie"(link: http://andersmalmgre...FreePIE/) which is the same as glovepie but open source.

This will work without using the testing mode but there is a new script needed. I tryed but Im not a programmer.  

Can someone write a script in freepie using vjoy? Or is there another option to use the full 100% of the throttle?

the actual script for glovepie and PPJoy is: PPJoy#.analog2 = (MapRange(-Joystick.slider, -1, 1, 0, 1))

Have you bound both positive and negative in-game axis to a single physical axis? It's counter intrusive but if you bind increase and decrease throttle to "z axis +" and "x axis -" respectively it gives the response you're getting. Bind increase and decrease onto either "z axis +" or "z axis -" and it should work.

Also if you have a split throttle (like on the thrustmaster warthog) make sure you only bind the throttle to one of the axis because arma3 shares the axis range across all controllers bound to it if that makes sense. If two analogue axis are bound to the same control each one will control only50% of the movement.

• Like 1

Have you bound both positive and negative in-game axis to a single physical axis? It's counter intrusive but if you bind increase and decrease throttle to "z axis +" and "x axis -" respectively it gives the response you're getting. Bind increase and decrease onto either "z axis +" or "z axis -" and it should work.

Also if you have a split throttle (like on the thrustmaster warthog) make sure you only bind the throttle to one of the axis because arma3 shares the axis range across all controllers bound to it if that makes sense. If two analogue axis are bound to the same control each one will control only50% of the movement.

This interesting, thank you for it.

One question - does the same apply to the helicopter collective?

I bound z+ and z- to throttle, so jea.

Try just binding one of then and see if it helps :)

I believe all axis mapping is the same.

Yes, the helicopter take of at 52% collective. A Real Helicopter (like in DCS World UH1) take of at 10-20% collective.

Its the same with planes, the start rolling at around 50% but they should roll at about 5-15%.

Jet:

jet0tnwc8kayg.png

heli:

helidzkbwmqul7.png