Sign in to follow this  
Cole_

HandAnim not in the correct pose

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/436076195942049090/2D125DD24B871EAB5A8C77905FD427C595749A71/

This is the outcome, and it's not the correct pose. The pose I keyed in Blender is the rest pose at -0.5, then the idle hand anim at 0 to 1. 

This is the process that I went through (and have done it multiple times doing little things differently to check if I made a small mistake)

http://imgur.com/a/pni7p

Thanks

Pretty sure that kind of pose is never going to work for a handanim mate.

Position of the hands in handanim is based on they relative position to the weapon bone wherever it is being pointed by the various anims for the walking states. If you want your weapon to point up in the air like that you either need to make new walk animations or gestures of some kind, or physically rotate the weapon model inside the .p3d to point up towards the Y direction instead of the usual way they're built to point along the X-axis - but that means it'll be pointing in the air when it comes to shooting and aiming, and therefore be useless.

In short, you can't reorientate the weapon like that, in a handanim.

Thanks Monkey. I don't understand the relationship between my weapon model and the bone for it. When putting my rifle as a reference mesh onto the skeleton, where is the bone in reference to my weapon mesh? In the weapon .p3d, the mesh is on the centre of the grid. Does the bone reference off the centre of the weapon .p3d grid as well?

Yes, pretty much.

The "weapon" bone in character models is a proxy triangle.

The game loads your weapon model to this proxy position such that the [0,0,0] position in your weapon model's grid aligns to the vertex at the right-angled corner of the proxy triangle. The long side of the triangle follows the +Y direction in your weapon model's frame of reference, and the short side of the triangle is the +Z direction of your weapon's frame of reference.

In the default pose, the proxy triangle's reference vertex (the one in the right-hand corner) is positioned at [-1,0,0] on the Object Builder grid. So when you import your weapon model to the skeleton you need to move it the equivalent of 1m to the skeleton's right, along the X-axis, rotate it 90-degrees and then it should then be in the same position as the reference model on the blender anim rig.

• Like 1