Sign in to follow this  
multimedia

Computer specs

I've started to wonder what kind of difference does "better" or "worse" comp specs make in multiplayer.

I started to play OFP multi again after launch of Resistance and now I have started to wonder do I really "suck" smile.gif or is it my computer.

I got ADSL and I usually play on servers with a ping below 200 so I'm not consern about lag, though it's a major pain in the but sometimes.. sad.gif

What actually triggered this was some of my worst experiences playing CTF. Lot of times I've been killed 2 to 4 times even before I've seen an enemy. I've adjusted my gameplay accordingly (sneaking, camping; bad I know but mans gotta do what mans gotta do) and gotten a little bit better stats...

I got an old rig (700 TB, GF4 MX440, 384Mb) but I can run OFP in 1024 x 768.

Any of you who have updated your computer and have any comments ??!!??

I got a 2000+XP AMD cpu with 512mb DDR memory and a GF4 OC to 300/680, it runs good tho you can still easily stress it out, I recommand at least 900mhz cpu and a gf3 or something at least + 512mb ram smile.gif

Hardware is cheap now days no excuse not to upgrade a little, people will be complaining about how OFP2 runs crap on there voodoo3 cards when it comes out. It happens, a computer don't last forever and the computer industry is moving at a very fast pace, each year I gotta buy a new CPU/Video card but if ya buy smart it can be a cheap affair.