Sign in to follow this  
obrez

TerrainBuilder freezes almost every time I do anything.

Title says it all. Minimize bulldozer? Freeze. Place an object? Freeze. Go 45 seconds without doing anything? Freeze.

The "freeze" is basically all of my icons up top disappearing and the program becoming non responsive. It is not "not responding" according to task manager but the only way to close it at this point is end task. I don't get any error messages or anything. Between ending TB through task manager and reloading, I have managed to place five whole objects in almost an hour now.

Any ideas what might be causing this? I just spent many hours learning how to make terrains and have the actual land mass set up for my first one and I'd hate for my journey to be over early because of this.

If you need any info from me, please let me know. Any help is very appreciated. I'm running windows 7 and everything is up to date as far as I know.

I suppose I should also add that Bulldozer (shockingly) appears to be working without issue. The freeze does not seem to be related to BD at all.

UPDATE: Total wipe and re-install seems to have fixed the issue. I'm now a few hundred rocks in without a single hiccup.

UPDATE: It's doing it again now. Is this normal for Terrain Builder? Do I really have to wipe it and reinstall every couple days?

I had the same problem when I started TB through the launcher. I solved it by starting it through the P drive (P:\TerrainBuilder\TerrainBuilder.exe) as Administrator.