Sign in to follow this  
badlucky1776

Left Shift, Left Control totally changed func 1.50

Okay...So I've spent about 4 months getting my keymap situation squared away. Updated to 1.50 stable and both the Left Shift and Left Control keys seemed to have completely changed how they function.

Examples:

Left Shift no longer works as the Infantry Movement/Spint modifier

Left Control no longer funcs as the View/Look key when any of the movement (WASD) keys are depressed.

I had about a half dozen other combos mapped to these two keys and thought it might be a conflict... so I cleared all the binding work I've done and guess what? No joy. Even with default bindings these keys no longer function they way they have for the last year.

Uh... going to loose my desire to play if I have to spend all my time remapping a hundred + key bindings and combos.

Any idea on what happened?

B

Left control was never the free look key to begin with if your pointing at that... its left alt and numpad *....

Left shift is sprint from the beginning... still works like that for me unless my fatigue is to high.

If you have custom keybindings its often usefull to copy and paste that part from your profile.cfg file into a backup file that if keybindings change you can just copy and paste your old once back in.

• Like 1

Hi Kbbw123,

I know what the default bindings are, been plugging away at arma since the OFP days.

Went back and stripped all commands that used either Left Shift or Left Control. Remapped the keybindings back to exactly how they were and voila they worked.

Thought that was kind of weird so I went back in and compared line for line my old cfg file and the new one I just remapped. All keys were the same bind codes.

Tried reloading the old cfg...left shift and left control did not work properly. Reload the new (identical from what I can tell) cfg, left shift and left control work flawlessly. Something changed with 1.50 but I cannot ID discrep.

Chalk up to Arma 3 spooky code?

B

No problem over here. I can use Left Ctrl as a freelook key and move at the same time and Left Shift works as always for sprinting. Something wrong in your end or somehow keyboard support is different.

/Well good that you solved it then. Kind of weird that both of those keys didn't work as expected.

Hi Kbbw123,

I know what the default bindings are, been plugging away at arma since the OFP days.

Went back and stripped all commands that used either Left Shift or Left Control. Remapped the keybindings back to exactly how they were and voila they worked.

Thought that was kind of weird so I went back in and compared line for line my old cfg file and the new one I just remapped. All keys were the same bind codes.

Tried reloading the old cfg...left shift and left control did not work properly. Reload the new (identical from what I can tell) cfg, left shift and left control work flawlessly. Something changed with 1.50 but I cannot ID discrep.

Chalk up to Arma 3 spooky code?

B

Something in the code has made it so non-default keys will fail to work reliably when replacing a default keybind. This is especially the case with keycombos like stance modifier + direction. I, for instance, can't set my stance modifier to anything other than LCtrl or it will fail to work (unless I only bind it for modifying the stance in a single direction, which it will then cooperate for). This has been the case for multiple months now and has not been fixed. Chalk it up to developer incompetence.