Sign in to follow this  
DancZer

In-game community tools

I want to start discussion about the in-game community tools. Well, maybe the name of the isn't the best but i didn't know better. :)

What i mean "In-game community tools"? E.g. in many MMO games, you are able to create clan, guild, etc. groups where you can invite players and play together. 

Currently we have only squad.xml and the new "Friends" tab on the server browser screen. The squad.xml is lack of features and the squad names are only displayed ingame under "Map->Players" section. Which is ordered by player name and squad members are spread in the list.

I would see ingame menu "Community" where we could create clan and manage our clan easy without any xml editing and uploading somewhere and share the url etc. Here you could invite players and they could join in the clan. If somebody join to the server where other clan members play then he will be assigned to the same side(squad) in the lobby. etc.

What is your opinion?

The whole part between finding a server and finding a regular unit to play with is completely missing.  There is no way to find new members with in-game tools, everything is exterior and reliant on the good will of a few people who manage these lists.

The Squad XML is a relict that is lacking any centralized database, search capabilities, "looking for unit" / "looking for members" functions or management features like inviting people to a unit.