A3M Fr33d0m

[MP/CO 42] A3M PMC Simulator

TMN Fr33d0m :)

Any chance you could add ALL Ace3 items to the laptop.

EG

Ballistic computer

Weapon range tables etc etc

Oh the wait the wait is killing me LOL I know its going to be so so worth it though :).

P.S

If you need some one to help test please consider me and jamie :)

Thanks

Tryed the light version of this last night

Still have some issues with missiins not working or spawing ai.

Also had some funky texture issues.

Any way amazeing realy loved it.

I must say op u have got me my bro and mates very excited to see what the full version of pmc will be like.

Im surprised i aint crashed the bis server yet :P lol

Agreed. Last night was stupidly fun running PMC Lite, all little issues aside. The full variant should indeed be something to behold and keep our attention very nicely.

Also stop posting so much! I get a little excited when I see the PMC Thread in blue only to see it is you posting... :P

Greetings everyone!

​Albeit slightly delayed, PMC Simulator Total Modification V 1.0.1.1 is available on Steam Workshop HERE and ModDB as soon as their moderators get around to approving the files.

Changelog:

• Updated mission to 3den version, fixed positioning of some objects.
  • Updated ACE 3 modules
  • Updated ALiVE Modules
  • Reconfigured ALiVE Modules slightly
  • Added WIP T.V. 2.0 (use with caution. Wont stop playing til it's done for now. )
  • Added ACE Misc Objects to Fleet Management >> Filter for ACE in mod selector >> Support. Includes range card, map tools and other ACE items.
  • Reconfigured C2ISTAR (ALiVE) to show sectors where enemy may be, as well as more intel on the map.

KNOWN ISSUES: Alive is back to taking an excessively long time to load at mission start. The initial loading of the mission on a dedicated server can take longer than 5 minutes. I am working on new ways to mitigate this issue, and will push a fix ASAP. For best results, on a dedicated server boot this mission and leave it running for a while. It has proven to be a stable environment for 7+ days in tests. This mod is intended to be ran on a dedicated server if possible.

​How To Install / Use:

​Clients (Players)

1. Download the file from Steam Workshop, ModDB or other direct source. If you download from ModDb or other direct source, unpack the .zip into your arma 3 root folder. If you download from steam, you do not need to do anything but subscribe to the mod.
  2. Make sure you are running the mods this mod requires, namely CBA, ACE 3 and ALiVE. If you downloaded your version from Steam Workshop, these dependencies will be automatically downloaded for you If you don't have them already.

​Server (Dedicated)

1. If you downloaded the mod from steam, simply copy the entire mod folder as it exists in your client side installation (in your arma 3 root folder) into the server's A3 root folder. Boot the server with the mod in the -mod line, along with the other required / supported mods.
  2. If you downloaded the mod from a direct source such as the A3 MilSim website or ModDb, you may simply extract the .zip into the arma 3 root folder on your server. Boot the server with the mod in the -mod line, along with the other required / supported mods.

After the server boots with the mod...

1. Go to the multiplayer mission screen and select the A3M PMC Simulator mission.
  2. Select your roles. Click the "Parameters" tab on the roles screen to change mission params.
  3. Make sure the company owner or clan leader is in the slot of "team coordinator". The clan leader may delegate rights to purchase on the company dollar in game via the administrator panel (Accessed via the laptop in-game)
  4. Click "Continue" to begin the mission. You will be presented with a loading screen. This can take a VERY LONG TIME. Be patient, it's worth it!
  5. Upon loading in, the server admin should immediately enter the HQ and open up fleet management from the laptop. This will establish the company bank account for the session.

​Enjoy!

• Like 2

You are an absolute star!

Funny enough me, my brother and a friend literally JUST stopped playing PMC, after playing for what must be about 9-10 hours of straight play. The AAF had steamrolled the enemy and controlled pretty much everything by the time we had built up some cash and eventually got around to venturing deep into the west to take out the IED Factories and Weapon Depots and such.

Thank you SO much. Gonna update my Dedi right now with the new version.

EDIT:

To clarify, the above was in PMC Lite as it still sorta worked. But yes moving over to new fully updated mod version now. :)

Thank you so much for the updated version.

I noticed some issues with RHS, SMA, and the online shop menu: (I assume the two below is just because the buy menu listing hasn't been updated yet though)

• US M1078 costs nothing to buy, can't buy M1083 in the light vehicles tab. I believe it's the same for vehicles without an icon by the name.
  • Missing vehicles, equipment, and weapons in the buy menu such as different GAZ Tigr variants, some SMA mod weapons (L85, ACRs, Mk3 M249, AAC Blackout), and Russian armoured vests.

Wow what a present to wake upmto thank you so much.

Yeah jamie and a few others me included have played pmc lite for nearly 8hrs its awesome

So looking forward to this thank you op you are awesome

So I've noticed even on the full mod version. The AAF seems to just steam roll through the enemy heading west, leaving nothing much to do within the Western Side of Altis.

Hmmmm I was sure this mission supported a headless client I am sure I see a slot for one once?.

W are getting poor performance on the server.

Ok the server aint that great a PC but still if the mission had headless client we could have used that.

Am I right in thinking Alive actually nativley supports a Headless Client? I am sure it does.

Any help would be great server FPS is hitting low 12`s at times :(

Well, after depbo'ing and editing mission and init.sqf to allow HC, repbo'ing. Map no longer shows coloured grid squares, and missions seem to not work. Tried Assault Compound, and nothing spawned, gave the task but the entire place is empty, also Paros was empty, last game it was overrun with Insurgent type NPC's. So...something somewhere broke it. Which sucks cause Server FPS is now almost a constant 20-30. Not sure if that is because Headless is doing it's job, or making Headless caused a lot of the mission stuff to break.

EDIT:

Hostage Rescue also does not work now. Rescue mission for Nato Troops seems to spawn the troops. No idea if it is also supposed to spawn enemy around or at them etc. Any insight would be fantastic on what we have done wrong whilst implementing HC. As it is really the only way to get the mod variant running nicely on the Dedi without server FPS being 10-15 and causing slowdowns for some players.

I think we did somethingnwrong we need to let the server know we want the hc to now spawn and control ai.

Im not 100% great at this hoepfully op will be abke to help or better still implement it lol.

As it is arma runs like crap most of the time any way which is nothing to do with this mission its the engine :(

I think we did somethingnwrong we need to let the server know we want the hc to now spawn and control ai.

Im not 100% great at this hoepfully op will be abke to help or better still implement it lol.

As it is arma runs like crap most of the time any way which is nothing to do with this mission its the engine :(

Yeah, I know, but our efforts to put HC in seem to have broken stuff that was seemingly working perfectly before. So either one of us went wrong at somepoint in the process, or HC itself causes issues and is why Fr33d0m never implemented it in the first place. If we can't get HC working, no point in even trying to get R3F etc working either. Or making tweaks to fix the AAF from decimating the entire map.

EDIT: 

Noticed also that the HQ has no longer got a person and/or option to recruit AI anymore, and also all the AI at the T9 facility are now bugged out heavily. (No longer doing any animations, facing the ways they should be etc etc etc)

Upon loading in, the server admin should immediately enter the HQ and open up fleet management from the laptop. This will establish the company bank account for the session.

Maybe some tutorial on this?

Maybe some tutorial on this?

Just walk up to the laptop, press access internet, then hit the image with the woman, tank jet and cars etc. Will take you to the vehicle purchasing screen.

That i can see self. But the ask is for what?, what is the goal.

That i can see self. But the ask is for what?, what is the goal.

Opening the fleet management screen for the first time after a server startup establishes the bank account for your company. You will need to do this anyway to buy cars, planes, or anything for your company, but somehow people still occasionally just run out on a mission without buying a thing. This can cause problems, and is usually the result of cheating (using zeus or spawning in vehicles somehow, etc). It is worth mentioning to people that not playing this mode the "right way" can break it, but even for those who simply must cheat, as long as you access this part of the mission on startup, everything will be fine.

Yeah, I know, but our efforts to put HC in seem to have broken stuff that was seemingly working perfectly before. So either one of us went wrong at somepoint in the process, or HC itself causes issues and is why Fr33d0m never implemented it in the first place. If we can't get HC working, no point in even trying to get R3F etc working either. Or making tweaks to fix the AAF from decimating the entire map.

EDIT: 

Noticed also that the HQ has no longer got a person and/or option to recruit AI anymore, and also all the AI at the T9 facility are now bugged out heavily. (No longer doing any animations, facing the ways they should be etc etc etc)

There is no obvious reason, as far as PMC Simulator goes, for ALiVE HC not to work or not to be supported. This mode creates enemies 2 ways. Each mission may spawn enemies when you launch it. Also ALiVE is running for the rest of the enemies on the map. Pushing the ALiVE modules to HC will NOT cause the enemies spawned by the mission to be on headless as well, so you will have enemies controlled by both the server and the HC (Which is fine). Remember the obvious things: Headless Client should also be running PMC Simulator as a mod...add a HC Logic for HC to join, stuff like that.

EDIT: 

One important thing that may be causing this is: When you re-pbo the mission file, DO NOT BINARIZE!! It screws things up for me like that. All other PBO, char, weapons, etc can / must be binarized, but the A3M_PMCSimulator.pbo should be packed unbinarized.

Thanks for the help but im a noob at this lol.

I added the HC1 on the map and thats all i did do i need to do some thing else in the editor?.

Appriciate the feed back its nice you are helping some one else mess with your baby :).

Tbh it was more of a test to see if HC would help which it would but i have no idea how to pack the pbo back up the correct way.

Is there any plans to add a headless client slot in the mission?

My bro swore he see one in an older version if u intend to add one some day thats amazeing and i shall stop poking,proding your baby lol.

Any way we have been having an awesome time playing this great mission/mod thank you

There is no obvious reason, as far as PMC Simulator goes, for ALiVE HC not to work or not to be supported. This mode creates enemies 2 ways. Each mission may spawn enemies when you launch it. Also ALiVE is running for the rest of the enemies on the map. Pushing the ALiVE modules to HC will NOT cause the enemies spawned by the mission to be on headless as well, so you will have enemies controlled by both the server and the HC (Which is fine). Remember the obvious things: Headless Client should also be running PMC Simulator as a mod...add a HC Logic for HC to join, stuff like that.

I noticed after reverting back to your official release via workshop, that the compound mission also doesn't work in your release also, however I do still get missing markers and the T9 facility

mess ups only within my own and no spawns at Parso etc in regards to insurgent types.

One important thing that may be causing this is: When you re-pbo the mission file, DO NOT BINARIZE!! It screws things up for me like that. All other PBO, char, weapons, etc can / must be binarized, but the A3M_PMCSimulator.pbo should be packed unbinarized.

That is very much noted, shall have a look at this again once more when I get around to it.

On a sidenote do you have any plans on updating the Open Source link in the OP with the most recent version perchance? :) Thanks for all the help! Truly Appreciated.

This sucks

Using latest CBA

ACE

Alive

click start I get a loading screen and see the map for like 2 seconds

then get second loading screen and it just sits there doing nothing

No matter how long i wait :(

]

Greetings all!

I'm very happy to release PMC Simulator verion 1.2.0, with new Taksitan Edition!

In this update:

Added Takistan Edition! Requires CUP Terrains! May work with other map packs - Untested.

Takistan Edition gets a new Base Upgrade - ALVE AI Transport Chopper!
Improved Character Model textures.
Narco Sneak Peak - WIP Objects in A3M Objects Pac, new objects in map on Takistan version.

More Information and Download Link Here:
http://www.a3milsim.com/pmcsim.html

Steam subscribers get an automatic update!

This sucks

Using latest CBA

ACE

Alive

click start I get a loading screen and see the map for like 2 seconds

then get second loading screen and it just sits there doing nothing

No matter how long i wait :(

]

Altis can take a very long time. A permanent hang is bad news, but unfortunately I cannot replicate it on my end to troubleshoot the issue. In version 1.2.0, there is now a takistan edition! Try loading up takistan and see if it works better for you.