A3M Fr33d0m

[MP/CO 42] A3M PMC Simulator

Just discovered this mod/mission over the weekend. Your programming skill, ridonkulous enthusiasm, and dedication to the cause are fantastic. I'm still struggling to keep my {} syntax correct, so for me this mission is like an ant contemplating the London or NYC subway systems. Absolutely astounding.

Given the way content mods feel like they're exponentially growing as Arma 3 modders build off each others' work collaboratively, do you think it would save your sanity to build a more plug-and-playable framework? i.e. CUP weapons/units seems like it'd be a really good candidate to include, moving forward. And your description says NIArms MP5 only, but what about the rest of Toadie's NIArms weapons? (no pressure, only rhetorically asking) I'm pretty sure you'd be a fan of automation, and you wouldn't want to be the bottleneck single-proprietor struggling to manually stay on top of all the mods ever made -- even updates to the ones that you personally care about.

I get that a lot of mods don't fit your exacting milsim requirements, which is totally awesome for quality and staying true to vision (Mad Max's Interceptor and Chum's buggy mod, not so much). But e.g. the MELB Little Bird, SOAR MH-47 Chinook, Road Runner's G3 uniforms, Cunico, and the slightly broken but still patched and working Tryk's uniforms all seem like a good fit for PMC action. I'd also mention the BX 1117, but I think it's included in RHS now..?

If user-configurable, then the user would probably need to create/write an array of vehicle / equipment costs at the very least. Possibly an array with object class name, optional displayed name if the attached display name doesn't suit, default cost based on object weighting x cost factor of some sort to at least get within the ballpark of $1000s, $10,000s, or $100,000s, and optional manually entered cost. Defaults wouldn't always look uniformly presented due to lack of standardization in how authors format their objects, names, etc., but at least it'd be available in-game, plus option for user to override default with a cleaned up formatting of name and details.

This is just my impression on first 30-minute exploration and set-up, and I'm a 2nd-degree n00b at scripting. Absolutely no obligation to listen to me or heed anything I say!

• Like 2