h-singh

Unable to see Windsock...

I am unable to see windsock in my missions..  I am only able to see windsock pole, no windsock on it.. I tried to spawn it both Editor and via Zeus but no luck.

I have all 3 DLC.. I dont know what causing this issue..

Regards

H. Singh

Im having the exact same problem. I can see it in the editor, but online in game, i too can only see the pole. Would love to be able to fix this..

I know this is an old thread but this "situation" still applies. So, for late-comers, the solution is simply via the "environmental" settings in the main editor menus. The default environment settings fields for WIND DIRECTION and WIND (DIRECTION) FORECAST are both "0".  Place some non-zero values there and the pole will be nicely adorned with a "sock".  Voila.  Perhaps someday, the game programmers will add a "limp noodle" to the object pole when there are calm winds.  In the real world,  a calm wind indication is just as important as anything else.

1 hour ago, ROGER_BALL said:

I know this is an old thread but this "situation" still applies.

That's interesting that I've never noticed that flaw. Perhaps, because adding windsocks to my missions was always a result of tinkering with environmental conditions so pilots would have a chance to realize that? Also, I would never guess that a wind direction and not a wind strength is something required to bring the windsock to life. Anyway, good to know, thanks for sharing.

I remember I opened a ticket, years ago, because the wind direction is wrong. A North wind blows from north, not from South. All directions are inverted. That doesn't hurt but it's not real life compliant.

The animation of windsock seems to react at gusts, and not really at established wind strength (very poor effect). Possible shift between gust and strength values!