fathersarge

Xbox One Controller Issues

I'm an old soul who likes his controllers simple. The biggest upgrade I've gotten is moving to an Xbox One Controller over a 360 (flying SFM is a dream with either)

I'd like to catalog 2 issues so people can find their ways here for a fix.

The first issue is an older one and effects most other controllers. If you notice sluggishness in your controls that wasn't there before, check your keybinds and make sure each has only one input (if you use multiple controllers you will need to switch to just one and delete all the other keybinds that are not to the keyboard)

This was BIS's way of solving an issue for the PC Master Race folks and their joysticks with more buttons and switches than an actual aircraft. What they did was halve the inputs in more than one was bound (solves the duel throttle issue people were having)

The second issue is actually one I solved about 20 minutes ago as of this posting. I'm not sure if it was caused by my upgrade to windows 10 or if it was an across the board driver update for the xbox one controller. Long story short, while we are now able to use the new xbox headset through the controller (score!) it also added a 6th controller axis (Z-Rotation) and Arma can't handle that right now. For me it caused an uncommanded acceleration or climb (cars/jets and helicopters). 

When rebinding your controls, the right trigger binds for the new rotation axis and the left trigger binds for the stick axis (the one we've always used) you will need to use a combination of both for EACH control you use the Z-stick for. So you use the right trigger to raise collective or accelerate like I did, you will need to use the left trigger to assign the proper stick axis (Stick -Z) and the opposite rotation axis (Z+ Rotation). The opposite needs to be done with the inverse controls (Stick +Z combined with Z- Rotation). For assigning either you might need to input it a few times to get it right as each trigger does both positive and negative for their respective axes.

If I find any other issues I'll let you know. I hope this helps someone else. Happy playing everyone

• Like 1

After recent APEX update and subsequent patching:

When NOT using the default XBOX one controller scheme and using the Customizable option instead to set own control layouts, a major problem has appeared after the most recent patch this week.

When assigning temp optics to the left analog trigger (Z+) and holding to aim, it will zoom as normal.  But, you cannot fire when pressing the right analog trigger (Z-).  It forces a zoom out (even when zoom is not bound).

Z- WILL fire when the Z+ trigger is not touched.  Confirmed this is happening on different installations on different machines.  It is a break in the code since the issue is not isolated.  We tried the following controllers:

Xbox one Controller

Xbox 360 Controller

Steam Controller

PS3 Controller (mapped to xinput)

PS4 Controller

Logitech controllers with analog triggers.

We need this fixed as the game is now not playable.  We use the game to show off a high-end simulation build and high-end hardware.  Using a mouse and keyboard is not an option in the field.  AFter the update we were extremely aggravated that the Z- and Z+ code conflict.  

I appears that the Z- trigger when pulled is sending the signal to zoom out now...and will not fire.