Sign in to follow this  
Phairphax76

Need Help please, Rented Server from i3D.net for Arma 3.

A few days back I rented a server for Arma 3 from i3D.net and I am trying to get it set up with a couple mods and custom Map for my friends and I.  But I have no clue where to start and I cant find anything on the net for this site and how to get started.

When I go into Arma3 Multiplayer I can see the server under "Creating" status so that was a bit of a relief. : )  and their is an "Open FTP" button and when I get a bunch of folders.  There is a file called arma3server.exe I thought, maybe thats how I will be able to upload files to my server?  I did that and it said three different messages.

First,

arma3server.exe - System Error

"The program can't start because PhysX3Cooking_x86.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

"The program can't start because PhysX3Common_x86.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

"The program can't start because PhysX3_x86.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

After trying my way of updating drivers and everything from NVIDIA and PhysX, and Direct X.  All done a couple times before I upgraded to Windows 10 and After the same issues exist so its not because of Windows 10.  Just a thought I had because it was a changed variable.

So then I read a Readme in the Open FTP and it said to go to the Steam Tools, and get Arma Tools, so I did and now I have no idea what to do with it and I have been lookngi on the Arma 3 Wiki but Im not finding anything usefull.

I'm new to this and I may jsut be missing something really obvious but Im not seeing it on my server controls stuff on the website.  : (

I assume this is a virtual server (ie: you don't have full control over the entire machine just access to a control panel to setup your game)?  Or perhaps not you mention updating to Windows 10??  If your provider is giving you Windows 10 for your server OS you should consider switching providers.

If you are using a control panel your best bet for support is through the provider - if they offer the game they should support setup and configuration.

You start and stop the server through the control panel itself not by trying to run the arma3server.exe and FTP is there for uploading files/mods/missions etc to the server.

For configuration etc see this thread for info:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/139003-tutorial-how-to-run-arma3-on-a-dedicated-server/

I assume this is a virtual server (ie: you don't have full control over the entire machine just access to a control panel to setup your game)? 

Yeah its a virtual server from  http://www.i3d.net/ 

And on the control pannel there is not much to choose from and I see no upload options.  And when I go into the config editor to change the message of the day and the server name etc or passwords nothing changes. o.o'

I've sent in a message to their Tech support so hopefully they will be able to help me.  I wonder if anyone else has ran into something similar from i3D.net

I haven't used them myself we have our own dedicated server and control software.  It almost sounds like their CP software is not setup properly for Arma 3 but I'm just guessing.

To make any config changes to the server you have to stop the server first. Then make changes, then re-start. You should be able to do this through the control panel. Then there should be a file browser button which will let you look at the virtual server arma 3 directory. Once there you should have an upload option. (not using same company as you but I would assume they are all similar). To upload missions you don't need to stop the server.