F09CE7856ED232B706DB271E38999A9CDE1D5820

Czechoslovakia 

Ustecky Region 

March 14th 1987 

Less than 24 hours after the attack on Polna, A recon element from Nemesis Troop crosses the Elbe River, to seek out and destroy a AAA Battery. In an attempt to pave the way for air support in coming operations 

This is my fourth mission in the collection Czechoslovakian Spring, set not long after "Soviet Hail" which is also on the steam workshop. This mission is an SF type mission, involving reconnaissance and sabotage. 

Chane notes:

Added weapons back to the recon team, They're standard load-out so i'd still advise you select your own gear.

Mods requiered:

Subscribe from workshop

• Like 1

YES THEY ARE BACK

Seriously, these missions are awesome, keep up the good work.

EDIT: I am using ACE and several other mods and I'm having issues with the equipment.  In the briefing the weapons will remove themselves from me and AI teammate's inventories when I leave the gear menu.  Could be ACE, but not sure.

YES THEY ARE BACK

Seriously, these missions are awesome, keep up the good work.

EDIT: I am using ACE and several other mods and I'm having issues with the equipment.  In the briefing the weapons will remove themselves from me and AI teammate's inventories when I leave the gear menu.  Could be ACE, but not sure.

Thanks mate, glad to hear it.   So far the only mods i've used apart from the required are Blastcore Phoenix and JSRS Dragonfyre.  East vs West mod hasn't been updated for a long time so it could have any number of conflicts with a lot of mods now. If you want i can just give the units back weapons so you don't have to worry about selecting gear.

Thanks mate, glad to hear it.   So far the only mods i've used apart from the required are Blastcore Phoenix and JSRS Dragonfyre.  East vs West mod hasn't been updated for a long time so it could have any number of conflicts with a lot of mods now. If you want i can just give the units back weapons so you don't have to worry about selecting gear.

I opened up the mission in the editor and equipped the units there.  No other problems with the mission.  Very tense, one of my favorites.

Dbl post b'oh - had a good time with this one. My adventures:

This mission is definitely an AAA TP COMD's worst nightmare.

Loadouts were silenced XMs, two satchels (one for the trucks, one for the Knife Rest), two Claymores for AP work and a shit tin of smaller charges. I used the castle as my first WP, then we hoofed it directly south to the riverside road.

Glad I waited to watch the road for a few minutes, lo and behold, a motorised patrol! We waited until all was dark again, then crossed to the riverbank. The AI crossed the Elbe without too much difficulty.

We started using the trees around the edge of the NAI to try and scope out the ack ack position. The fog made this relatively difficult. The position was eventually found in an interesting spot - socked up against a small copse of trees, with a concealed avenue of approach from the SE.

We took the SE approach and got as close as we could before open ground prevented any further movement and spotted a two man patrol heading W into the open ground. I figured this was probably a roving perimeter picket, so I let them gain a little separation from the position (and their buddies), then had my teammates cap them. They dropped onto the grass without a peep, but obviously would be missed in the next half hour. There was another two man patrol moving off to the E, but I lost sight of them and the elimination of the first patrol had forced my hand - it was time to act!

I made the assumption that killing that W patrol had left the SW Shilka position open. It appeared I was correct, as I maneuvered the team out to the NW a ways through the open field, then, crawling in file, approached the SW Shilka directly from its front. After setting up shop around the Shilka berm, one of the lads spotted the static picket, conveniently facing the US most likely avenue of approach (N!). I put my teammates to the N and S of the berm, facing E. They shrugged off their packs, I loaded up on explosives and went to work.

The Russians had been lazy and not established a track plan, however, this worked in my favour. Crawling through the wet grass, I placed three small charges under each Shilka, a satchel and two charges each on the Knife Rest and the truck park, a single charge on a small ammo dump containing MANPADs, a Claymore facing towards the static picket and (somewhat nastily) a final Claymore facing the tents, where I assumed more Russians would be resting up. It took some time to get this achieved, but eventually I returned to the SW Shilka, picked up the boys and crawled out to the SW into the field. The AAA position remained silent.

Once we were out of sight over a small rise, we jogged W towards the woods, when I saw that I was losing detonator signal to some of the explosives. At this time, I decided to forgo the secondary extraction point because of the proximity to the AAA node (plus we agreed that we'd be back into clean cams and be able to get some hot food quicker if we were back over the front line!). I considered the difficulty we had experienced crossing the Elbe, so I sent my two mates back over the river and waited until they were firm on the N bank before I detonated the charges. The AAA position brewed up satisfactorily and I raced back into the trees on the W side of the NAI to regain my breath before attempting the Elbe again.

I managed to cross the river without incident and linked back up with the boys. The biggest hassle was a patrolling QRF BMP2 on the S bank of the Elbe, but thankfully the tall grass in the area screened me well whenever I went prone. We started creeping back towards the river road, but had to dig shell scrapes with our eyelids when another patrolling BMP2 almost ran us over. It headed W towards the town, so we released our collective breaths and waited for that pesky UAZ to pass us before crossing the road again. Back into the woods, 2 clicks until hot chow.

The trip back almost ended us. We'd headed north towards the castle that had been our initial waypoint and were catching our breath about 300m to the SSW. Suddenly, another two-man patrol burst out of the woods on our left. I was caught napping - I had the map open. Luckily, the guys had my back and quickly accounted for the unfortunate Soviets.

I decided that we'd tempted fate enough at this point. We took off at a run N, passed the castle on our left flank, turned W and headed down the hill to the primary RV. We made it without further incident - the feeling when I finally ripped those NVGs off my head and slumped in the back seat of that HMMWV was simply brilliant. A night's job well done.

Total time was about 2 and half hours.

Couple of script errors for you:

20:54:15 Error in expression <sible false;_wp showWaypoint "NEVER";};>
20:54:15   Error position: <};>
20:54:15   Error Missing {
20:54:15 File missions\__cur_sp.woodland_acr\telescripts\MANPAD2.sqf, line 10
20:54:15 Error in expression <ible false;_wp showWaypoint "NEVER";};>
20:54:15   Error Missing {20:54:15 File missions\__cur_sp.woodland_acr\telescripts\MANPAD3.sqf, line 11
20:54:15 File missions\__cur_sp.woodland_acr\telescripts\AACREW1.sqf, line 18
20:54:15 File missions\__cur_sp.woodland_acr\telescripts\AACREW3.sqf, line 18

The above occurred as I blew up the node.

There was also an error message given on the first radio traffic after departing the HMMWV at mission start, alas, I can't track it down in my .RPTs. I believe one of the sideradios played twice.

Great work once again! :D

Mate that was a gold play through. I was entertained reading it  :D

I'll look through those script errors, but they don't seem to really be debilitating. Everything works as it pretty much should.  

If you want i'll add you on steam and you can test out my latest mission fresh from the kiln.

Cheers mate.