Sign in to follow this  
kdk11

Buildings/walls etc not shown as destroyed

Ok so I am making a mission for myself and friends and one thing I have noticed is that if a wall or building is blown up either by us calling in artillery or by breaching the wall with charges that most of the time it will show for me that it has been destroyed but for my friends it shows it as normal. So I can literally walk through a clearing we have made whilst to my friends it just looks like I am glitching through a wall. Is this something that can be fixed or is it some sort of bug with A3

Interesting, seems that object status is not properly transmitted over the network. Might be a bug but not sure.

Are those walls vanilla or mods? Are you creating them via script or placing in the editor?

It is just the walls that are already in the map. I am using the Kunduz Afghanistan map/mod. So do you think it has something to do with the way that map has been created? It would be really handy to be able to have everyone in the mission see the same thing.

Probably, never heard of such a issue on Stratis or Altis, but I could be wrong. You could ask in the Kunduz thread.

Good idea. Thanks anyways mate

I was thinking - sounds like a locality/ sync issue until I read it's on a mod map.

You need to see what happens when the mission is run on Altis.

Just in case it is sync, what about the server in use here? Is it a dedicated box? Is it powerful? Good network?

I was thinking - sounds like a locality/ sync issue until I read it's on a mod map.

You need to see what happens when the mission is run on Altis.

Just in case it is sync, what about the server in use here? Is it a dedicated box? Is it powerful? Good network?

It is... My PC :) so yes its a beast mate haha :p but on a serious note I couldnt try this on Altis because Altis doesnt have the compounds that Kunduz does nor the same walls. If it is a sync problem then is there any fixes for this sort of thing or am I left wishing BI would fix it... like many other things.

So it's hosted on your PC. What server application are you using?

So it's hosted on your PC. What server application are you using?

What do you mean?

How are you running the server?

I am just running it through the game by pressing play>MP>new then selecting the mission that way. So I guess am using my internet as the source for the game to be hosted on?.

I am just running it through the game by pressing play>MP>new then selecting the mission that way. So I guess am using my internet as the source for the game to be hosted on?.

Here's your problem then. Find the TADST thread for A3 and set up your own dedicated server on your machine. But, unless you've changed your PC since lst time we spoke, I think you're simply going to need to upgrade your PC.

Here's your problem then. Find the TADST thread for A3 and set up your own dedicated server on your machine. But, unless you've changed your PC since lst time we spoke, I think you're simply going to need to upgrade your PC.

Is a i5-4670k at 4.4ghz not good enough? I will have a look for this post now mate.

Ah OK, you have upgraded since the heady days of CTRG V & A. lol

That machine should be good enough to host a server through TADST and your own client game. Let's get that up and running and try again.

Ah OK, you have upgraded since the heady days of CTRG V & A. lol

That machine should be good enough to host a server through TADST and your own client game. Let's get that up and running and try again.

I do actually rent a server which I have been hosting ARK: Survival evolved on but I never play it so I could easily switch it to Arma. The only thing is mate I have no idea how to run a Arma server and also I have no idea how and what coding I would need to change for a server. Suppose since you have your own server running well you could help me when you have the time :)

I'm away from home for a week, so I'm a bit limited. The TADST thread has everything you need, though.

I'm away from home for a week, so I'm a bit limited. The TADST thread has everything you need, though.

I shall wait for you to return from your holidays or work and if you get time you can help me :)