Sign in to follow this  
CHICITYMANE

disabling shacktac hud in description

Hello, I currently play at an open community that has shacktac on for most of its missions, I wish to try them with a shacktac hud disabled mission to show them what it's like.

I remember there being a way to disable shacktac inside the description.ext in ArmA 2, is this still possible in ArmA 3?

thanks

Not sure but since it uses a dialog (I think) you could DePbo the mod, find the main dialog IDD and then use one of the dialog commands to close/hide it. Sorry I couldn't be more vague, it's late.

Not sure but since it uses a dialog (I think) you could DePbo the mod, find the main dialog IDD and then use one of the dialog commands to close/hide it. Sorry I couldn't be more vague, it's late.

i tried depboing it actually, gave me header error everytime with multiple different versions.

i tried depboing it actually, gave me header error everytime with multiple different versions.

Well out of curiosity I looked in the Pbo myself and there isn't any .hpp files so I assume it doesn't use a dialog. Not sure what else really, you could try contacting ShackTac about it, maybe there's a command they've got for it.

.hpp is just a convinient way of marking header files and has nothing to do with dialogs. you can call file .whathefuckisgoingon if you want and place dialog config in it. Look up arma 3, most of the classes are defined in .cpp files.

Well out of curiosity I looked in the Pbo myself and there isn't any .hpp files so I assume it doesn't use a dialog. Not sure what else really, you could try contacting ShackTac about it, maybe there's a command they've got for it.

It's inside the config itself.

[color="#FF8040"][color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]uiNamespace[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]getVariable[/b][/color] [color="#7A7A7A"]"ST_STHud_Map"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]ctrlShow[/b][/color] [color="#000000"]false[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]uiNamespace[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]getVariable[/b][/color] [color="#7A7A7A"]"ST_STHud_Text"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]ctrlShow[/b][/color] [color="#000000"]false[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]uiNamespace[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]getVariable[/b][/color] [color="#7A7A7A"]"ST_STHud_Text2"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]ctrlShow[/b][/color] [color="#000000"]false[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color][/color]

Made with KK's SQF to BBCode Converter

Made this from the scripts in the PBO. It should disable the interface, though someone can just open the shacktac settings dialog and restart it back on. Don't know of a scripted way to permanently disable it.

It's inside the config itself.

[color="#FF8040"][color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]uiNamespace[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]getVariable[/b][/color] [color="#7A7A7A"]"ST_STHud_Map"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]ctrlShow[/b][/color] [color="#000000"]false[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]uiNamespace[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]getVariable[/b][/color] [color="#7A7A7A"]"ST_STHud_Text"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]ctrlShow[/b][/color] [color="#000000"]false[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]uiNamespace[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]getVariable[/b][/color] [color="#7A7A7A"]"ST_STHud_Text2"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]ctrlShow[/b][/color] [color="#000000"]false[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color][/color]

Made with KK's SQF to BBCode Converter

Made this from the scripts in the PBO. It should disable the interface, though someone can just open the shacktac settings dialog and restart it back on. Don't know of a scripted way to permanently disable it.

im not exactly the greatest scripter, where would I use this code in my mission?

im not exactly the greatest scripter, where would I use this code in my mission?

Well since the player can turn it back on using the ST interface, you could put this in a while loop in the init.sqf although I'm not certain.

while {true} do {
   (uiNamespace getVariable "ST_STHud_Map") ctrlShow false;
   (uiNamespace getVariable "ST_STHud_Text") ctrlShow false;
   (uiNamespace getVariable "ST_STHud_Text2") ctrlShow false;
   sleep 5;
};

Well since the player can turn it back on using the ST interface, you could put this in a while loop in the init.sqf although I'm not certain.

while {true} do {
   (uiNamespace getVariable "ST_STHud_Map") ctrlShow false;
   (uiNamespace getVariable "ST_STHud_Text") ctrlShow false;
   (uiNamespace getVariable "ST_STHud_Text2") ctrlShow false;
   sleep 5;
};

seems to work, but the hud only disappears for a millisecond then turns back on, every 5 seconds. i tried changing the sleep to 1, but it just does the same thing except its every second.

EDIT: just changed sleep to 0, seems to work. thanks for your help.

Edited by CHICITYMANE