Sign in to follow this  
phant

AI ignore Zeus orders when in combat

I have noticed that with Zeusing Vanilla Arma 3 AI, they completely ignore any orders I give them when they come under combat. I have searched through the forums for solutions to this but have come up blank thus far. How can I make the AI spawned in with Zeus still respond to my orders, without having to remote control them? When I tell them to stand and full pace charge, I want them to stand and full pace charge, but instead they stay proned in the grass. And in the same vein, I can't make them move to behind cover, they just prone and sit there.

Any suggestions?

I have previously used ASR AI, but because ASR AI has scriptdriven reactions and I have the same issue of ignoring orders, I cannot have varying styles of AI tactics, it's always just the same scriptdriven tactics over and over again.

EDIT: Sorry, I think I have the wrong forum here. Feel free to delete/lock.

Edited by Phant

AFAIK you cannot change this behaviour. When AI go into combat mode the danger.fsm kicks in and takes over their behaviour. Unless something has changed with a recent patch there is no way to override this 'feature'.

Yeah this has been an issue for as long as Zeus has existed. Would be great to have some sort of 'immediate waypoint' or something, a command that says 'go here and do this right now no matter what', but I know there's nothing like that built into the system.