Sign in to follow this  
Kydoimos

Model Request - Ideal for Beginner

Hi there!

If anyone's looking to make a simple model for Arma 3, I'd love a manhole cover! Ideally, the model would be part of the pipe (vertical) with the manhole cover just inside. Basically, it'd be just a cylinder with a slight stepped hole in the centre with the cover. I'd try and make one myself but I'm still at the very early stages of working with Blender :)

I can do all the textures - but a texture map, showing what was where, would be helpful. If anyone out there thinks they can help - I'd love to hear from you!

All the best,

Kydoimos

I can take a look on it and I'll see what i can do. :) When you need it Kydoimos ?

Hi Luki! I immediately heard from PolyG on posting this thread, and he's keen to work on the model - however, a barracks bed is also badly needed if you still wanted to lend a hand on the project? Thanks so much for your response! :D There's no major rush for any of this (a month or a little more would be fine!)

Yes, I'll be happy to lend a hand on the project. I'll check it out. ;)

By the way, the model can be in *p3d format? I can make the model, but I'll need help with textures. :o

Edited by [CSLA]LUKI

Sure mate! I love doing textures etc. anyhow! :D Just need coloured selections, maybe - so I know what's what! :p

Massive thanks for the assist, too!

Sure mate! I love doing textures etc. anyhow! :D Just need coloured selections, maybe - so I know what's what! :p

Okay, nice ...I'll start with work tommorow. ;)

Massive thanks for the assist, too!

No problem, I'm happy to assist with your project. :)

Exciting stuff! Looking forward to it! :D

Still searching for a manhole object - if anyone feels up for it - do shoot me a line!

Hi [EVO] Dan - just a sealed unit would be fine! :)

Something like this?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vux29b4w5qthfpu/Picture1.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gpmlzpdjoe79xf8/Picture2.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lnv2rg0ttitch67/Picture3.png?dl=0

I haven't been able to get anything in game yet though, see my thread in this area so I might need help with that and the LODs. I haven't done any UV unwrapping yet on this model either but I can paint the different sections for you if you want to show whats what.

That looks great, mate! Just like that would be fine! Yeah, a quick paint-over of the sections would be super helpful - I can get the normal / specular/ colour maps sorted!

Thanks ever so much for doing that! :D

No problem, I'll try and get it exported when I get back home if I'm not working late although I am still having that other issue, so I'm unsure if it'll work correctly in game. (see my other thread)