Sign in to follow this  
infiltrator_2k

Virtual Arsenal Crashing Arma

I've been using VA for a while now in my mission but just recently I've noticed that when I go the ammo box that has the VA code added to it the game goes back to the load screen and hangs. I then have to restart Arma.

What's caused this and is there a fix? Ironically VAS is still working fine.

Are you playing on the dev branch? Because it works fine for me on the stable 1.46.

Are you playing on the dev branch? Because it works fine for me on the stable 1.46.

No, but I did migrate to the dev branch but reverted back to the stable branch. I might remove the installation and reinstall to see if that fixes things.

No need for a fresh installation, just check your file integrity via Steam.

Try using

["Preload"] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal

in an init.sqf

Created a new mission and the Virtual Arsenal works fine. It just seems to be an issue with the mission I'm working on.

Created a new mission and the Virtual Arsenal works fine. It just seems to be an issue with the mission I'm working on.

After trial and error I've discovered that it's too many inserted AI using the 'Random Building Patrol' script that's are causing the issue.

I have this problem also on Altis

***Solved****

As Bull_A suggested it's " ["Preload"] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal " that's the issue. I did trying using it in the debug console, but the function needs to be ran before the mission starts otherwise it too will crash the game. So, just create a sqf with this function and run it execVM in the init.sqf.

It seems the more complex the mission the more you risk VA crashing the game without preloading VA.

Edited by Infiltrator_2K
Updated information