arremba san zorzo

BUG wih shadows on Alpha Channel textures

Hi, during our work of importing and deep editing of vechicles in ARMA3, we encoutering the bug showed on screenshot below.

The textures with alpha channel not darken when the shadows of other vehicle or person or.... are on them. Have you some idea?

Photo explain better....

2qbd9qg.jpg

kd48pz.jpg

30a8ide.jpg

98r2ud.jpg

15mh6bk.jpg

Not to bump a year old thread, but I too am having this issue with my own models.

My first thought would be check the order of the textures in the rvmat and make sure they are in the correct steps, if they are not then you get some SERIOUSLY wonky results.
If they look fine then check diffuse in the rvmat may be set to 0, which means it still shows up but it ignores shadows (very handy for digital displays), setting RGBA to 1 will fix it if that is the case.

Third would be to check the Emissive setting and make sure it is set to 0, if its not then that means that texture is effectively 'glowing'.

Next I would recommend checking the _AS textures and ensure that they have an AS texture, sometimes the material will appear...off if it is not there, or the texture has not even the faintest of shadowing.

Finally check the texture, make sure it is _ca and ensure that the colors are pure white or black.  This may be outdated information but when I tried to use alphas textures in a cockpit the screen would still catch sunlight despite blatantly being in shadow, if the alpha textures is not 0-1 then for whatever reason it refused to work.

My first thought would be that the diffuse in the rvmat may be set to 0, which means it still shows up but it ignores shadows (very handy for digital displays), setting RGBA to 1 will fix it if that is the case.

Next would be to check the Emissive setting and make sure it is set to 0, if its not then that means that texture is effectively 'glowing'.

Next I would recommend checking the _AS textures and ensure that they have an AS texture, sometimes the material will appear...off if it is not there, or the texture has not even the feintest of shadowing.

Finally check the texture, make sure it is _ca and ensure that the colors are pure white or black.  This may be outdated information but when I tried to use alphas textures in a cockpit the screen would still catch sunlight despite blatantly being in shadow, if the alpha textures is not 0-1 then for whatever reason it refused to work.

Thanks NodUnit, I'll give this a shot in the morning!