Sign in to follow this  
sgtpepper

SP 3D Sound Position Training

Hi!

Since the Marksmen DLC update and the changed weapon sounds I often had problems to guess the direction of the sound source. Especially the loud crack causes some confusion.

To adapt to the changes I created a training mission with a simple concept: An invisible unit is spawned at a random position in your vicinity. Via a command the unit fires in your direction. You can repeat this fire command until you think you know the direction of the sound source. Another command then reveals the hidden unit and marks the position on the map. The error of the guess and the average error is displayed. A bullet cam illustrates the path of the bullet - this way you can better understand what you just heard.

Additional features:

• A settings menu allows the customization of the min/max distance for the spawn point
  • To train with different weapons you can use the virtual arsenal to choose a different setup e.g. add silencers
  • With a click on the map you can teleport to a different location and train in different regions.
  • Download from dropbox
  • from steam workshop
  • or Armaholic Download

Known issues:

• Currently only primary weapons are supported.
  • Sometimes the unit does not fire reliable - I have not found out yet what the problem here is.
  • The bullet does not take the same path every time - I don't think that this can be changed

Please post any problems or suggestions here in this thread! Have fun during the training :cool:

Edited by sgtpepper
  • Like 1

Nice :D I've been wanting to set up something like this for a while now, especially with all of the new sound options available to us, but never got around to it. Now I get to be lazy and use something that clearly is way more fleshed out than anything I would have made :D

I'm glad you like it!

I always wanted to try out fsm based scripting and with this mission I had the perfect excuse to do it :D It was an interesting experience to implement all the stuff.