Sign in to follow this  
Fanatic72

Adding insignia to medics

Hi I have a question.

Ive decided to mark medics in my MP mission to have a red cross insignia. (The insignia itself is included in one of our modpacks so it is in game already)

Im using a gear script to assign gear to all my units and i wasnt sure how to put the insignia command there so the way i did it is that ive put a sensor right next to where the units start which has this command in "on act" line: [medic,"MedB"] call bis_fnc_setUnitInsignia; [medic2,"MedB"] call bis_fnc_setUnitInsignia; and it activates once the units walk into it (it works fine in editor). I couldnt put it into the init lines of the medics because the insignia would appear only on their original uniform which gets rewritten by the gear script.

Is this going to work fine in multiplayer with 20+ players on the server? Or do i have to do it some other way cuz it would cause problems?

Thx

My solution is to have the medics have a different type of vest and backpack from other soldiers. Makes it easy to spot him.

I always equip medics with this. Note the Red cross symbol.

V_TacVestIR_blk

Arma3_CfgWeapons_V_TacVestIR_blk.jpg

Could you do an "if () then {}" at the end of your gear script to check if the unit has a medkit then assign the patch? I'm at work at the moment or I would plug in the class names.