Sign in to follow this  
RacerX

I want more than it has been promised

oh i see my post was removed. Oh, so we are only allowed to say GOOD things about BIS? I see how it works now. I still ain't giving them any more money lol. You CAN remove that. Switching proxies now bring on the ban :p

oh i see my post was removed. Oh, so we are only allowed to say GOOD things about BIS? I see how it works now. I still ain't giving them any more money lol. You CAN remove that. Switching proxies now bring on the ban :p

The forum rules You have agreed to are pretty much clear:

§8) Post in the right forum & right thread

Please ensure you make new threads in the correct forum, if you're unsure of which forum to post in feel free to ask a moderator. If a thread exists for the topic you wish to post about you must use it, for example all ACE questions belong in the ACE thread. All addon/mod questions belong in the thread for that addon/mod. In the case of DayZ discussions they should be posted on the DayZ forums, this includes problems with the Modification. The troubleshooting forum is not for problems with Addons and Mods!

§18) No public discussion on how the forum is moderated

If you have questions/complaints/comments about the forum or moderators please Private Message them to a moderator, we will do our utmost to reply to any that we receive. If you have an issue that you feel cannot be solved by another moderator then please Private Message the Bohemia Interactive Forum Moderation Team Leader (Matt), he will be happy to look into the matter. You may also ask your questions in the "Ask a mod" thread; however that thread is not to be used to attack/rant against specific moderators or about specific rules but more for questions/answers.

Please note, that moderators are actually not Bohemia Interactive crew, they do, and should do, what do they think is the best for the forums :icon_twisted:

The forum rules You have agreed to are pretty much clear:

§8) Post in the right forum & right thread

Please ensure you make new threads in the correct forum, if you're unsure of which forum to post in feel free to ask a moderator. If a thread exists for the topic you wish to post about you must use it, for example all ACE questions belong in the ACE thread. All addon/mod questions belong in the thread for that addon/mod. In the case of DayZ discussions they should be posted on the DayZ forums, this includes problems with the Modification. The troubleshooting forum is not for problems with Addons and Mods!

§18) No public discussion on how the forum is moderated

If you have questions/complaints/comments about the forum or moderators please Private Message them to a moderator, we will do our utmost to reply to any that we receive. If you have an issue that you feel cannot be solved by another moderator then please Private Message the Bohemia Interactive Forum Moderation Team Leader (Matt), he will be happy to look into the matter. You may also ask your questions in the "Ask a mod" thread; however that thread is not to be used to attack/rant against specific moderators or about specific rules but more for questions/answers.

Please note, that moderators are actually not Bohemia Interactive crew, they do, and should do, what do they think is the best for the forums :icon_twisted:

I didnt say anything about how the forum is moderated. I am posting in the right thread. A thread about an up coming expansion. I was asking why my post was removed. I was asking why we have to pay for this expansion. Is this not the right place? Removing it was best for the forums? How? What? we can only say good things about BIS? Opinions about how BIS wont finish what we paid for and are milking more money out of us on DLC's when they should of been included as part of the development isnt allowed? So what are these forums for then? Sharing ideas right? Well, I just shared one! Unpopular..maybe. but an idea never the less. You can erase my post. But it dont change what me and thousands of other players already know. Removing my post changes nothing. We dont need another pay-for expansion. What we need is what we paid for. Hey There's an idea! A good game with updates as the game is developed. Not developing an update and deciding "Oh thats a good update, I think we will make them pay for it!" That is not what we agreed to when we bought the game back in alpha. So in keeping with the rules of this forum...why was my post removed again? We are allowed to ask questions right? Or is that not good for the forums either?

"how BIS wont finish what we paid for and are milking more money out of us on DLC's when they should of been included as part of the development" - I'll definitely chalk this one up as subjective and absolutely subject to debate, especially considering how much of the Arma community's reaction five years ago to what you're describing...

... was to buy Operation Arrowhead. *cough*

Edited by Chortles

"how BIS wont finish what we paid for and are milking more money out of us on DLC's when they should of been included as part of the development" - I'll definitely chalk this one up as subjective and absolutely subject to debate, especially considering how much of the Arma community's reaction five years ago to what you're describing...

... was to buy Operation Arrowhead. *cough*

Would you buy a car at top dollar with an engine that ran like crap? Or would you buy the car with an agreement that the engine would be "tuned up" prior to you buying it. Would you be angry if after you bought it then the mechanic said "That will be another $100!" Yep...thats what i thought!

Would you buy a car at top dollar with an engine that ran like crap? Or would you buy the car with an agreement that the engine would be "tuned up" prior to you buying it. Would you be angry if after you bought it then the mechanic said "That will be another $100!" Yep...thats what i thought!
My statement that you quoted aside, I have no idea what you believe that you paid for, and even if you answered that we'd still currently have no way to judge how much of that will be behind the pay wall, not least because of how Bohemia Interactive's current DLC policy meant that so much of people's demands ended up being delivered as free updates. For example, BI at no point before the Expansion reveal (in a roadmap devblog) advertised, promoted, or even hinted at producing a third terrain, they have yet to identify (beyond generic categories) content for the Expansion besides said terrain... and I rather suspect that there wasn't much prior-to-reveal community demand for what did end up behind the prior DLCs' paywall, versus what was delivered in the free updates...

TL;DR: Your analogy isn't at all what I see to be happening, and I'll ask you exactly what Greenfist asked... oh wait, until Bohemia identifies the Expansion's contents that can't even be answered WRT the Expansion!

Which things exactly should have been in the game that are now only in paid DLCs?

all I am saying guys is Im not spending any more money on this game. Ive spent enough already. With all the game bugs and then BIS throwing pay for DLC's at us before the game is even complete. I just dont feel we are getting what we paid for. Ive spent close to 100$ on this game. Not to mention the hardware I have bought to play this game that dont even use the full potential of the hardware (64 bit) Im done...the well is dry. $1100 later... I wont be buying this expansion or any other expansions in the future. Thats it! thats all I am going to say. IF you agree with my position fine. If you don't thats fine also, its your money.

@ Racerx: If all you were trying to say is that you don't intend to buy the Expansion... then you could have just sat back and received the free platform updates like everyone else, and that's coming from someone who only bought the base game! The only plausible ways you could have spent close to $100 on this is if you either bought the Supporter Edition on another BI profile -- in which case you wouldn't be paying for the Expansion anyway, much less the DLCs, because everything was paid for in the SE -- or you bought the game at full price and then all three prior DLCs separately without bundle discounts.

Still didn't identify what "before the game is even complete" or "getting what we paid for" meant to you either...

But it dont change what me and thousands of other players already know.

Really? You sure about that? Thousands of other players. Your Facebook page must be huge!!!

Which things exactly should have been in the game that are now only in paid DLCs?

Karts ofcourse! :don2:

You are allowed to say what you want and complain about whatever you like, as long as it is in the restrictions of the forum rules. The thread you posted in was not

A thread about an up coming expansion.
but a very specific one discussing only reveals of upcoming content. A place for us to hunt for tips and leads. Your post was simply off-topic and this was the reason it was removed.

If you want to discuss the DLC's, their content and their price, you are encouraged to do so! Please use one of the existing threads already discussing this. Thank you!