Sign in to follow this  
Spectre398

Arma2 stuff/better range of stuff

First off, Arma3 is incredible! Real virtuality 4 makes much of the arma2 interaction addons much smoother. Lift load with helo isn't such a gamble, and the inventory menu/all interaction menus and UI have been streamlined nicely. I've been playing since first release of ArmA and have seen all of the addons, evolution at birth the one by KilJoy, ACE and ACRE features that are now standard feature in Arma3! BIS you have been one of the best game developers that has watched the community love and mod your game, and carefully implement many of these user mods to make Arma3 the incredible experience it is.

However, the whole future thing has got to go. Do you guys remember battlefield 2, good old BF2! What happened after that, they released bf2042 or some future year who knows, I played it free for about an hour on steam promo and was disgusted. That series took til BF4 to recover btw.

This has proven disastrous with big name titles, and the momentum that has been built up with the Arma series (except dayz) put BIS on the map, that there is a new player to make Ubisoft and EA wonder who should buy BIS first. But if we, the players, don't get the Arma feel back with Arma 2 content OFFICIALLY added to arma 3 in a patch or however you want to, then the US game crowd may thin again like before DayZ.

Don't get me wrong, DayZ got American gamers attention all right, lots of new arma 3 gamers because of it but don't make DayZ3 or something instead, just give us the military hardware ArmA gamers want! It's appalling when I look at the list of 6 cars to spawn, or the option of ONE Nato jet. I mean is this still a beta release? I bought the high price dev edition to help out a series I love, not get a partial content release.

Quote from DnA:

There are other, and accepted, ways of merging Arma 1 / 2 content into Arma 3. This is handled by releasing new add-ons that merge the content people already own via configuration files. We are working on an officially supported approach for later (similar to TKOH's Rearmed).

I will add though, playing on the island of Altis is like being in Sahrani again, with a very diverse range of environments and the east Mediterranean look of the buildings and terrain! I don't know why people want a new map, this one is fantastic, very well done BIS!

Edited by SGT.Hellfire

This is really sad! Regarding the number of vehicles compared to previous series, is appearing with a Beta game.

For even transport aircraft (C17, C-130) to make parachute jumps we do not possess, where we have to look for it in Mod.

Even the diving actions may not be as well used because you can not put a mine on a boat or structure.