Sign in to follow this  
therealdoge

Some can join, some can't.

Basically, the problem is. On my server I have some required mods, some people that have all of the mods can join, but some can't. It lets them join then kicks them back out onto the server list with no message. I've tried everything, I'm not sure what the problem can be.

if some can join and some cannot, then the "Cannots" have done something different to the "Cans", regardless of their assurances that they have done the same.

it's as simple as that.

Their rpt files should reveal the answer, get them to post the first few lines, for example.....

== D:\Arma 3\arma3.exe

== "D:\Arma 3\arma3.exe" "-profiles=d:\Bi_Profiles" -nosplash -world=empty -showscripterrors -skipIntro -mod=@ZCBA_A3;@Zclient

Original output filename: Arma3Retail_DX11

Exe timestamp: 2015/05/04 15:32:44

Current time: 2015/06/06 13:39:49

Type: Public

Branch: Stable

Version: 1.44.130654

This will tell you if they are actually running the mod line they state they are.

For a better control over this, i would advise that

a) You host the required addons on an arma3sync repo, that way you have total control

b) You only support launching of the game via a desktop shortcut.

This stops them fumbling around with PWS and getting out of sync with the server mod versions

This stops them forgetting to enable certain mods via the B.I launcher

These are the only methods I support within our community and it cuts down massively on user support tickets

Edited by Terox

if some can join and some cannot, then the "Cannots" have done something different to the "Cans", regardless of their assurances that they have done the same.

it's as simple as that.

Their rpt files should reveal the answer, get them to post the first few lines, for example.....

This will tell you if they are actually running the mod line they state they are.

For a better control over this, i would advise that

a) You host the required addons on an arma3sync repo, that way you have total control

b) You only support launching of the game via a desktop shortcut.

This stops them fumbling around with PWS and getting out of sync with the server mod versions

This stops them forgetting to enable certain mods via the B.I launcher

These are the only methods I support within our community and it cuts down massively on user support tickets

I'm not sure how to make an Arma 3 Sync Repo. I've googled everywhere.. some people that can't join have re-installed the mods, and their entire game. But it still doesn't let them join.

---------- Post added at 16:59 ---------- Previous post was at 16:04 ----------

Ok, turns out for some reason, they have CBA enabled, but they cannot join my server and it says on the server mod requirements they do not have CBA. Idk why.