Sign in to follow this  
linuxmaster9

ACE3 A3Wasteland

I am working on combining the ACE3, ACRE2, and A3Wasteland mods/Missions together. The current ideal map is Esseker or Bornholm but the map being developed on as a proof of concept and working out the bugs is Altis.

I want to get the right mix of realism and arcade in the mission. It will most likely be locked 1st person. I am thinking about enabling BlueForceTracker. I am also looking for people who would be willing to help make this happen.

Adding ACRE2 is a secondary thing unless it is determined that it has to be added now rather than later.

I am adding the Real_Date extension to sync the Real Life Server Date and Time to the In-game Date and Time so that when it is night IRL, it is night in-game. etc. This would allow for a 24hour time cycle through restarts. The medical system would be toned down unless otherwise requested.

The server will be 1st person. Possibly 3rd for helicopters......maybe. I will add the script for the Taru to make it be able to attach the cargo types to it.

Edited by LinuxMaster9
  • Like 1

I am adding the Real_Date extension to sync the Real Life Server Date and Time to the In-game Date and Time so that when it is night IRL, it is night in-game. etc.

I would advise against this. I played WoW 10 years ago at release when and they tried doing this. So on weekdays, when I came home after work, it was always night time in the game. But on the week-ends I never saw night time. None of it is fun. IMHO the usual 4H day cycle is the best, it allows everyone to experience both night and day in the game whatever the day. I would certainly not play on a server where 5 days out of 7 everything is green and white.

Also, if you really want this to be accurate, you will need to catch the IP of the player, geo-localize him, lookup the sunset and sunrise times at his very location, "so that when it is night IRL, it is night in-game". The server in its farm doesn't see night and day, the actual player does ;). (nitpicking, I know, people usually go for the lowest pings, which are local)

I would advise against this. I played WoW 10 years ago at release when and they tried doing this. So on weekdays, when I came home after work, it was always night time in the game. But on the week-ends I never saw night time. None of it is fun. IMHO the usual 4H day cycle is the best, it allows everyone to experience both night and day in the game whatever the day. I would certainly not play on a server where 5 days out of 7 everything is green and white.

Also, if you really want this to be accurate, you will need to catch the IP of the player, geo-localize him, lookup the sunset and sunrise times at his very location, "so that when it is night IRL, it is night in-game". The server in its farm doesn't see night and day, the actual player does ;). (nitpicking, I know, people usually go for the lowest pings, which are local)

A valid point. Although I would try for a 6-12 hour time cycle instead of 4. That is assuming of course I can optimize it enough to not get real laggy after 4 hours. I remember a couple years ago in Arma 2 Wasteland having ~12 hour servers.

Plus, right now I have no clue which init.sqf to put it in. Server or Main. So, it is easy to just leave out. Ill just need to make sure that all the clients are time synced for weather and so on. This is NOT going to be a sunny day Wasteland.

Didn't DayZ mod also have this for a time?

yes and to be honest it was one of the things that made DayZ compelling.

So, one of the parts that is important to figure out is the Medical system. I don't want it to be too hard core, but also not too arcade-y. Having the Morphine, Epinephrine, and Atropine, Bandages and such is important. making medics important and such is big as well.

The wound types seem to get to hardcore when using Advanced medic system. If it is possible to do a middle ground between Basic and Advanced medical that would be ideal.

ACE3 has a listed recommended loadout for Advanced medical and the additional classes seem good but it would probably be a good idea to par them down to Soldier, CFR, and Medic.

• Soldier:
    • 4 x Bandage (basic)
    • 3 x Bandage (elastic)
    • 3 x Bandage (packing)
    • 3 x QuikClot
    • 1 x Morphine Autoinjector
    • 1 x Tourniquet

[*]Combat First Responder (CFR):

• 10-15 x Bandage (basic)
    • 15-20 x Bandage (elastic)
    • 5-8 x Bandage (packing)
    • 10-15 x QuikClot
    • 3 x Tourniquet
    • 4 x Saline IV (500ml)
    • 5 x Morphine Autoinjector
    • 5 x Epinephrine Autoinjector
    • 8 x Atropine Autoinjector

[*]Medic:

• 8 x Bandage (packing)
    • 10-15 x QuikClot
    • 5 x Tourniquet
    • 6 x Saline IV (500ml)
    • 8 x Morphine Autoinjector
    • 8 x Epinephrine Autoinjector
    • 12 x Atropine Autoinjector
    • 1-3 x Surgical kit
    • 1-3 x Personal Aid Kit

[*]Paramedic:

• 8 x Bandage (packing)
    • 10-15 x QuikClot
    • 5 x Tourniquet
    • 2 x Saline IV (500ml)
    • 3 x Blood IV (1000ml) - Taken from vehicle inventory only when needed
    • 3 x Plasma IV (1000ml) - Taken from vehicle inventory only when needed
    • 8 x Morphine Autoinjector
    • 8 x Epinephrine Autoinjector
    • 12 x Atropine Autoinjector
    • 1-3 x Surgical kit
    • 1-3 x Personal Aid Kit

That is the recommended loadout for advanced Medical. I think CMS had medic tents that were used for surgery. That would be the ideal place for medics to work. The CFR would go out with the soldiers and the medics would stick around close to base to handle the heavy causalities. They would get a special tent to work out of. I like this loadout better than the basic loadout since the basic loadout only gives soldiers bandages.

The medic system would be where maybe only the medic would have to worry about the blood pressure and such and the CFR and soldier not as much?

Logically since there is an Atropine Pen, there must be a feature in the works for radiation and other NBC functions. Being able to have randomly spawning NBC zones would be an interesting twist to the mission experience. Like a mission that requires the use of NBC gear.

I like that medics would be the ones doing the surgery, I just don't want the medic system to be too hard core. Hard core enough to make them a more important role to play but still arcade-y enough to make it fun. Maybe something that takes a bit of learning the role but easy enough to pick up. The briefing would of course have the basic instructions for medics in it.

The CFR would be like the current Arma medic. simple and easy to do with a couple additional abilities like the blood and saline transfusions. But things like broken bones and such would require a trip to the medic for surgery.

Thoughts?

---------- Post added at 07:59 ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 ----------

Naturally, I want to bring in some of the features i had in Arma 2 ACE Wasteland. Such as, replacing the jets with propeller-based aircraft. As well as adding in more FLAK based AA batteries. Since ACE3 has Air-burst rounds, this combination of features would help prevent the problem of players getting a jet and suddenly becoming gods in the sky. i had an air-burst script in arma 2 but it was janky and finicky. ideally, the aircraft would be a mix of craft types and would not be so common. Helicopters would be mostly transport with a few combat type craft.

Since ACE3 has advanced ballistics for snipers, this will allow the sniping 'mini-game' to be more challenging and hopefully prevent the all-to-common 10 year old auto-sniper. We are all mostly familiar with the seemingly common player that gets ahold of the M107 and is a sniping king without any real skill. With the advanced ballistics, wind deflection, and scope adjustments, only the real skilled players will be a true threat with the long range weaponry.

Also, since I can remove the artillery computer and ACE3 has mortar range tables and wind deflection on mortar rounds, we can have mortars and artillery back in the game once again without too much worry about it being OP. Especially since mortar and artillery teams have to manually calibrate and calculate trajectories etc. no more loading up the artillery computer and clicking to fire on a position.

Hopefully soon the ACE3 mod will have a good implementation of Rappelling and wall climbing.

I will go into detail more on the vehicles and weapons systems etc once the mission has successfully implemented ACE3 and possibly ACRE2 now that ACRE2 has a stable release. Once again, I am asking for assistance it making this mission/mod a reality. I am going to try and find someone to write a loader/launcher to make the task of acquiring the necessary mods and configuring them easier.

From the survey so far I have found most people don't want a medical system at all. Let me clarify that there are 2 medical systems in ACE3. There is Basic and Advanced. The technical one is Advanced. As far as Advanced Ballistics go, they only affect snipers and they tie into the weather system with wind deflection based on weather conditions.

Due to popular demand RHS weapons will be added and possibly some other packs to fill in gaps.

I think advanced medical system is better. its not to easy and not to hard or you make a Parameter to change this. And thanks someone makes Ace missions :)