Sign in to follow this  
atlantisthief

Spectator after respawn

Hello everyone,

I want to have in a mission that is running with ACE3 a way to give dieing players the chance to spectate the further game. I did a little bit of research and found this Modified Kegety's Spectator Script (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22827). On that point, it looks like something i want to have. But I can't get this script running after a player died (and had to respawn).

My Description.ext contains those relevant settings:

Respawn = "3";
RespawnDelay = 10;
respawnOnStart = 1;
respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuPosition"};

Out of the BIWiki, Respawn 3 aka Base should also trigger onPlayerRespawn.sqf, where I have the same call as in my editor version to switch to the script and spectator mode.

By now I was able to get the "onPlayerRespawn.sqf" trigger for Respawn = "1"; but I want the player to respawn as a unit so they can, in case of an error in the mission/bug, rejoin the mission. The respawnOnStart is something that is needed of some of our Zeusmissions, so the Zeus can change the initial spawnzone.

So to come to a proper question:

How can I get this Spectator Script, or any other suggested one, running on a player respawn, but still allowing the player to rejoin the game easily (by hitting esc and leaving the specator view for example)?