Sign in to follow this  
Grimez

Unable to launch Arma

Hey, I just finished updating Arma 3 on Steam. When I open the launcher it say "All mods up-to-date" and then I can click the yellow play button. When I do that the Arma III icon comes up with the little loading words and bar under it. Then my screen goes black like it does whenever I launch a game, but before the splash screen or anything shows up - it crashes. arma3.exe just disappears completely. I don't know what is causing this so any help would be appreciated.

Try running the game without the launcher (either add '-nolauncher' without the '' to the steam launch parameter, or if you're a bit more tech savvy make a custom shortcut to arma3.exe - you don't need to put a launch parameter in using this method). If it still crashes, its an issue with your game (presumably an outdated mod which isn't compatible with v1.42), but if it works its possibly an issue with the launcher. My guess is it will still crash due to an issue with an outdated addon/mod. In which case you'll need to go through one by one disabling any enabled mod folders until your game loads and you'll at least know which mod folder is to blame. Then simply remove addons and repeat the process one PBO at a time until you find the PBO (or PBOs) that are to blame.

EDIT: Upon review, loading the custom shortcut to arma3.exe should technically default to running no mods, so the game should load fine, which wouldn't necessarily indicate an issue with the launcher. You'll need to add in a command line such as the following:

"G:\Games\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -nosplash -mod=@Mod1;@Mod2;Mod3

I think i have the same problem. i tried a fresh install.. i tried different way's of launching.. even without the launcher.

Nothings helps.

System

i7 at stock/turbo 4,4Ghz

16gigs

2x sdd (raid 0)

Asus GTX970strix

i want to post a video of the problem but i havent made my first post yet :-) (this is my fist)

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 21:44 ----------

here a video of the problem. (excuse my bad english)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mk_Ymre4ig

I think i have the same problem. i tried a fresh install.. i tried different way's of launching.. even without the launcher.

Nothings helps.

System

i7 at stock/turbo 4,4Ghz

16gigs

2x sdd (raid 0)

Asus GTX970strix

i want to post a video of the problem but i havent made my first post yet :-) (this is my fist)

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 21:44 ----------

here a video of the problem. (excuse my bad english)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mk_Ymre4ig

I don't think system specs are an issue, your system whoops mine. It would appear to be mod issue. The main menu also appears to be missing the background cutscene (did you run it with -world=empty as a parameter?).

Thanx i have just tried the -world=empty parameter without succes.

I havent modded the game... and have installed it freshly last evening.

Its really wierd.. i have the latest Nvidia drivers etc.

Use an external launcher.

This is what i use for example and have no issues with the game:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19582

I don't think system specs are an issue, your system whoops mine.

same here and my specs are:

Win7 64bit

Intel I7 950 @3.07ghz

4gb ram

x2 Nvidia Geforce Gtx 560Ti

Asus P6x58d-e

1Tb hd

850watt PSU

My arma crashes:

I join a server, select a slot, then i get this error 2irwv7q.jpg

I've tried verifying my arma, restarting etc everything. It looks likes its broken.

Anyone have a fix for this? It's extremely annoying.

Exit code: 0x000000FF / 255

Reason: unknown

Hello,

system error with this code - ERROR_EA_LIST_INCONSISTENT - usually indicates that the file system is corrupted. This may happen because of a hardware failure, a virus or simply because of a abrupt power loss or unexpected shutdown while a file was being written or modified on a hard drive.

I've never encountered this error with Arma before, so please take this only as an educated guess :bounce3:.

1. run a disc check on a drive where the game is installed;

2. run a disc check on a drive where the operating system is installed;

3. run the System file check from the command prompt: sfc /scannow

After that I'd a good idea to restart the computer and then verify integrity of game cache in the Steam.

I've tried doing these steps, but its still not working.

Can you please look further into this for me? I've seen a few other people posting on steam about this problem.

I'll try, sir. Can you please look into the system event log for any related error record? Open the Event viewer, navigate to Windows Logs / Application and search for any related error (error or warning at the time of the crash) and send it me? Also it would be helpful if you could send me .rpt files from %localappdata%\Arma 3 folder.

This is what it says in event viewer at the time of crash.

o544lh.jpg

20ztf1g.jpg

I'm not sure how you want me to send the .rpt files?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

failed to install the service battleeye.hotite run arma 3 without service battleye.....

Ñбой при уÑтановке Ñлужбы battleeye.хотите запуÑтить arma 3 без Ñлужбы battleye........