Sign in to follow this  
Electricleash

Task Modules Hide/Show Tasks in briefing

Hullo all

I am trying to hide all mission tasks but one at the start of the mission and have them dynamically revealed as the player progresses.

I want to do this, ideally, through the 'in-editor' modules only.

I understand the use of 'spawn BIS_fnc_taskCreate', doing it only through triggers or scripts but my mission is complex and I need to be able to visualise the mission flow on the map.

Therefore it would make things easier if I could just Hide/Show the tasks using the modules that I have already placed.

Is it something to do with the Set Task State -> Created module? and if so how do I sync it correctly with the triggers and/or Task Create modules to make it work?

I have spent the last few hours looking for a solution, but not one thread on the forum seems to have a definitive answer.

Most threads are ancient/outdated and/or give the wrong answers.

There are some great vid tutorials out there but none seem to go deeper than assigning/succeeding tasks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

E

I believe syncing a trigger to the create task module will make it only create the task when the triggers condition is met

Excellent! That did it, I have no idea why I didn't try this beforehand.

You can always click the info button near the bottom to see a small example sometimes and description of how the modules can be used.