Sign in to follow this  
itscane

Exporting map from Terrain Builder

Hey I guess, I need some help and what is probably a simple fix.

I have made a map in Terrain Builder and I really don't know how to get it in game.

I have exported it to .wrp but when I try and pack it into a .pbo and put it in game, it doesn't show up in there.

I haven't gotten any errors either. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey I guess, I need some help and what is probably a simple fix.

I have made a map in Terrain Builder and I really don't know how to get it in game.

I have exported it to .wrp but when I try and pack it into a .pbo and put it in game, it doesn't show up in there.

I haven't gotten any errors either. Any help would be appreciated.

I pretty much believe that you might have a bunch of questions according to Terrain Building in the ArmAverse, well as you seem to have no idea of what it means to create an Island at all (that is no offense) I highly recommend to read through certain ressources.

It would be way to much to write for anybody to tell you what to do in order to create an Island/Map and bring it ingame. Thats why you should start doing the most readwork on your own.

I can give you some searchwords where you can search for to get further Information. Search for them in the Forums and the Biki (ArmA Wiki) as well as Google and I am sure that you´ll find a lot of Information that might be useful for you.

Sat_lco

Mask_lco

layers.cfg

.rvmat (this is a filetype)

clutter.hpp

cfgSurfaces.hpp

config.cpp

Some Tutorials you might want to read through

Mondkalb´s Terrain Editing Tutorial

Atsches simple Terrain Tutorial

Both Tutorials are referring to ArmA2 and the use of Visitor 3 (the predecessor of Terrain Builder), but it should nonetheless give you an Idea of what you´re about to go through

I hope that this might help you a little for the beginning, good luck