Sign in to follow this  
IliektingsdatgoBOOOM

Is this possible?

Greetings,

I have started modeling the following:

http://www.photovault.com/Link/Military/Navy/Ships/Hovercraft.html

I have some questions though. Like:

-Should i specify it under armoured, and make it driveble in water like the m113 or should i specify it as an armoured boat?

-In both cases, can i put propellers on them wich you have to power up before you start moving (as an airplane)?

-Can you make something like a proxy for tankcargo? So you can do tank moveincargo hc1?

Im bound to come up with more questions allong the way wich i will reply for here also =)

Thanks in advance

ooo! a C-Cat, they had that on Mail Call, it would be cool to have something like that in the game, but since the current engine won't support that than it could only hold infintry confused.gif

It's still a hovercraft... I say finish it, and when/if BIS ever decides to include support for tanks/cars in cargo, make a new version!

I'm with Blackdog...even if you can't load cargo, still love to see it ingame...

And with some clever scripting, people could simulate vehicles being in cargo anyways... smile.gif

Well today i checked the polycount of the model and i even hadnt begun with adding details, such as a gun and it came up with something like 12000! =(

That was after optimizing it btw, now i have plans for a far less detailed one, but i came up with a better pic for a model =)

Following link:

-On the left the hovercraft i created

-On the right future project =)

http://members.lycos.co.uk/eeeeeek/fourphotogalery.html

Pardon the site its my first and just made it to quickly show these pics ;p

The right model would fit right in ofp theme and its much easyer to build low poly i think.

When / if we get the ability to transport tanks and such in vehicles ill finish the left model

Just so you know.

Greetings

Well its going pretty good at the moment. I got the new model ingame (sofar only 1 lod, but its just for testing)

I used the config of an existing m113 and it already drives pretty good.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/eeeeeek/fourphotogalery0.html

Problems i have sofar:

The props dont rotate / blur when driving, and when it drives trough water it sinks too far.

Also the speed on land is perfect, but when it hits the water, it slows down like hell.

Now i havent even added the points for the steering flaps (no idea what its called in English ) at the back. I already see that the propellors dont work so i guess airlerons and that steering flap dont work either unless its classified as a plane.

Now i can classify it as a plane, but i think that would create even more problems such as floating on water and driving on land. On the other hand a hovercraft without propellors and those stearing flaps is boring and uggly.

Have you folks any suggestions?

Thanks again

Phew, I didn't know what your modeling capabilities were like... so I was worried about the quality of your model, but fear I have no more! Thats awesome!