Sign in to follow this  
Clapper

Thank you for great net play in resistance!

I thought I was left with single-player mode in OFP due to the difficulty in finding server (that were being created, etc).  Now with the new embedded Gamespy interface, server statuses and join in progress.  You don't have to sit around waiting for a server.  

I'm glad I checked it out today.  Unfortunately, it took me awhile to get away from the single missions and try multiplayer again since OFP first came out.

Keep up the good work BIS!  I'll be there for your next expansion/version too smile.gif

Clapper.

yes, the ingame browser is a nice future, and the list is getting longer and longer and longer biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Clapper @ Oct. 05 2002,20:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and join in progress. You don't have to sit around waiting for a server.<span id='postcolor'>

What r u hiding from me!

Agreed!

The old way to get into a multiplayer game trhough Gamespy was completely unreliable, and took ages to exit and get back into the game. You felt as if the multiplayer of OFP hadnt been worked on. But with resistance, gamespy is no more for me. I only use it when I play Flightsims now biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HellToupee @ Oct. 05 2002,13:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Clapper @ Oct. 05 2002,20:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and join in progress.  You don't have to sit around waiting for a server.<span id='postcolor'>

What r u hiding from me!<span id='postcolor'>

When I was playing, new players were joing games in progress. That's a part of the sitting around issue. The other was trying to find servers available.

Choose the multiplayer option within the game and change LAN to Internet -- voila, everything you need to get gaming fast.

I think you mean joining a server while the game is in progress...the join in progress which is the holy grail around here is being able to get into a game while the game is being played...(IE...jump in and start playing immediately)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suchey @ Oct. 05 2002,21:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think you mean joining a server while the game is in progress...the join in progress which is the holy grail around here is being able to get into a game while the game is being played...(IE...jump in and start playing immediately)<span id='postcolor'>

Ahh, you're right.  I tried to join a game playing and it said "wait for server".  Umm, I could've sworn players were dropping and rejoining the game I was playing.  Maybe it was a previous player that dropped.

Regardless, the new interface definately makes it easier to find a server you can actually join rather than check out each server manually and find it's in play at the moment.