Sign in to follow this  
jordanbache97

Turn off auto hover

Hi guys

I was just wondering if there is a way to turn off auto hover in a script or is it not possible to remove?

Jordan

I assume by "turn off" you mean disable, try the following in the initPlayerLocal.sqf:

(findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler 
[
"KeyDown", 
{
	_handled = false;

if ((_this select 1) in (actionKeys "AutoHover") || (_this select 1) in (actionKeys "AutoHoverCancel")) then
	{
		_handled = true;
	};
_handled;
}
];

Basically what it does is overwrite the key bound to the autohover button, and does nothing, I'm not sure if there is a means to disable it through the action menu however.

Edited by JShock

why would you want to disable it? The aircraft have a feature like that in real life...

Understandable, but coming from a realism unit, we would train our pilots like they would be in real life, in the matter of if something does fail (ie the auto hover feature) to be trained to be able to work without it. And in most of the realism units that I've been in/talked to, they actually make their pilots not use auto hover at all, just to make some things a challenge during operations.

Understandable, but coming from a realism unit, we would train our pilots like they would be in real life, in the matter of if something does fail (ie the auto hover feature) to be trained to be able to work without it. And in most of the realism units that I've been in/talked to, they actually make their pilots not use auto hover at all, just to make some things a challenge during operations.

Oh no I've got that, I almost never use it (RL rotorcraft pilot) and certainly not for critical phases like landing, but that's just a skill thing. If your pilots are good enough they won't need it, but why completely disable it as it is useful (and realistic) in some cases.

Oh no I've got that, I almost never use it (RL rotorcraft pilot) and certainly not for critical phases like landing, but that's just a skill thing. If your pilots are good enough they won't need it, but why completely disable it as it is useful (and realistic) in some cases.

The point I was trying to get to, is that in training you may want to ensure they don't turn it on, or even have the temptation, but this may not be the OP's intent, but it would be mine should I implement such an idea.